Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

BBS files for bankruptcy...

....according to Auto Motor Und Sport

Apparently due to rocketing price of aluminium the company has no option but to shut down - real shame

...was I the only insensitive person who's immediate thought was "...OOOOO!!!!!! Cheap Bankrupcy wheels!!!" :?

Yup, it's in the German press, too.

Last night a final attempt to finance the company failed, as, typical, a bank pulled out.

Tempest

...was I the only insensitive person who's immediate thought was "...OOOOO!!!!!! Cheap Bankrupcy wheels!!!" :?

Nope..... I'm with you on that. :D

- Ross

quick, cheap BBS LM's coming soon???

karl

you'll be lucky i think OSV is already outside the factory ;)

i thought this too.... :) :)

but then i thought,,, buy up BBS wheels as they will become rare and sought after soon and people will pay well over the odds for em... espcially the ebay folks... :twisted: :-P :twisted:

I read somewhere that it was partially due to the SSR line takeover.

They'll be back, it might be a different name but they'll be back, they play a big role in the racing world. I have 3 sets off BBS's so I really hope they come back.

Can anybody post a link to the article???? Please

From what I gather, they've been particularly badly hit by changes in payment terms imposed by the German market. Invoices used to be on 30 days, but now the manufacturers are commonly imposing 90 day payment terms legally.

Also sounds like there has been a lot of Management fracas/politics at BBS, & one of the key banks had enough and withdrew. The issue over price of aluminium is a bit bogus because this applies to a large section of the motor industry generally.

The good news is that BBS have a strong customer base, and one of the best names (and products) in the business. I would lay a sizable bet that they will find a new owner and be back trading fairly quickly.

Although in the medium future I'd imagine scarity will drive prices right up given how sought after they are but VW fans in particular. I wonder if they might sell stuff like their casts to another company to keep them in production. Their brand has got to be worth something too.