Sign in to follow this  
farquare

who's missus drives their corrados

My g/f didn't like driving the rado as she found it an effort to drive (compared to her previous Corsa and our Bora). She said it was too difficult to change gear (usually when cold) between 1st and 2nd.

my ex-gf was allowed to drive her dad's vr6, i never got around to having a go in it :(

and her daily drive was a ford ka! she was a right nutter of a driver aswell.

My wife drives the VR6 sometimes from West Lothian to Dundee and back.

She is average height at 5ft 5" but has been driving since about 1964!

IMO Main faults of Corrado over a "sensible" car (like Golf!) for a petite beginner are,

1 - appalling visibility to the rear.

2 - Low driving position

3 - big, heavy doors

That's why my girlfriend won't drive mine; she's only 5ft 1" and even with the seat at it's maximum height she can't really see over the dash fully. Rear visibility is non existent for her! I did offer to get her a booster seat but I don't think she appreciated that :lol:

My Mum has driven my car though and liked it :-)

My g/f will be learning to drive this yr, she's 39 and only had a handful of lessons in her 20's. Said i'd put her on my insurance so i could teach her to drive, WTF!!!!

I'll may regret it, but knowing that she isn't a drinker my cunning plan for the future is free taxi's lol!!!!

My g/f will be learning to drive this yr, she's 39 and only had a handful of lessons in her 20's. Said i'd put her on my insurance so i could teach her to drive, WTF!!!!

I'll may regret it, but knowing that she isn't a drinker my cunning plan for the future is free taxi's lol!!!!

always one step ahead, a man after my own thinking!

Golfs going at the weekend and i may be picking up a cheap 306 for her so i can save a wee bit more in time for the summer.

Seen a nice red g60 on woodlands road last night.... i really want one now.

...That's why my girlfriend won't drive mine; she's only 5ft 1" and even with the seat at it's maximum height she can't really see over the dash fully. Rear visibility is non existent for her! I did offer to get her a booster seat but I don't think she appreciated that :lol:

Christ, my lass is only 5ft 2 and she manages no bother at all. she can see out the back pefectly and see over the dash... admittidly the seat has to be all the way forward for her to reach the pedels but she manages fine. She drives a Ford ka everyday but I think she's got the taste for VAG's as she's wanting a Seat Leon Cupra R!! :shock:

I trust her implicably with my C, even when I hear her peeling out the drive like a bat out of hell!! :?

my other half drove my Rado over the weekend and.....totally hated it! She said she felt too cramped and closed in and it was too low (wait til its lowered!! :twisted: ) and hard to get in and out of. She used too love my old mk2 Golf Gti 8v Turbo tho and thrashed it harder than i ever did!

I used to give my ex driving lessons in my old corrado, in tesco car park surrey quays. That is, until she drove into a hedge.

Enough said.

My wife drives the VR, but i always feel uneasy to let her take it away on her own, like to work or to visit a mate etc.

then again, if im in it, i want to be driving it. Bit of a catch 22 really. but she loves driving it.

Hardly surprising as she's got a new beetle convertible!

Why dont u want to drive the convertible beetle Del? lol

its funny, but no laughing matter i can tell ya. i had to drive it once as the VR was off the road. I was on my way to work, and had all the windows open (the roof was firmly closed can tell ya)

anyway, at the traffic lights, just my luck.... a white van full of builders pulls up next to me and i could hear them talking out loud on purpose "look at that girly womans car" one of those "hurry lights, and just change" moments.

OH NO! Thats wrong. A year ago when i was inbetween jobs i was offered a job with Ludlow Thompson(estate agents). Which i accepted (short term), i went to work for my first day and they introduced me to the obligatory company car. New Vw Beetle in yellow and blue. I didint go back the next day.