Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

Strut Brace suggestions

anybody know of a good supplier of front and rear strut braces for a corrado G60? im after someting that will actually offer some rigidity, other than one which is purely for looks, although saying that if there is a nice polished option that would work too....

Whats a sturt brack ;) :lol:

Think Trimsport ones are meant to be pretty good for the rears... not sure about the front ones though!

I think Trimsport may have stopped producing their rear braces due to the costs involved - lovely bit of kit and do the job superbly

sorry, was a hectic night last night (removed my alarm immobiliser in the dark!) and im half asleep after going to work at 3.30 this morning! sorry for wrong section too, did think it may be wrong section.....anyway back to topic.... :oops:

Not for looks but should do job, how about the Wiechers rear bar that you can get from Dubmeister?

BBM have a rear shiny alloy one on their website that is easily removable. Perhaps G-Werks are able to supply that?

Yeah I'm after a front strut brace saw some really nice momo ones ina F**d tunners but when I told him I wanted it for a "proppa car" he became very unhelpful. Cant seam to find them on the momo site either :(

As far as I know Trimsport still produce stainless steel strut braces for the rear. They had to increase thier prices last year due to the price of steel but I think they still produce them as they are a good selling item.

Since you have a G60 you might also consider whether one of Trimsport's MkII Golf front strut braces will fit. I have one of these (unfitted at moment) but they are great quality although I havn't yet established whether there is enough clearance with the bonnet shut or not - it's a close fit at best.

Alternatively Stroeve Motorsport used to do some really sweet brushed aluminium strut braces for G60 Corrado. They were expensive (rear was around £160) but they were amazing quality, and all the Dutch guys used to have them.

HTH

John

If you want somthing that works well and looks good also (i know your a tart Dan) go with the stroeve items... Purley for funtion weichers will do you.

Did you get one in the end?

i didnt get one in the end, kind of went on the back burner due to other purchases, so where can i get one of these stroeve ones from? any chance they do a front one too? (nothing better than a matching pair! :lol: ) i take it they are polished items? need a little bit of bling in the car!

Does anyone else think that 100 quid for a metal tube is a bit excessive?

like the trimsport £120 one?

I think most things for the Corrado are stupidly expensive. In comparison to Elise items (I was looking for a good while) - Corrado parts are generally expensive

I don't know whether this is assuming too much, or just blindingly obvious, but does your corrado have any other suspension mods?

I'm not sure how much of a gain you'll get from just a pair of strut braces. I mean if the chassis stiffens up a lot by just using 2 SBs there might be a problem elsewhere in the suspension/handling system of the car?

Hope this is useful as a different perspective.

i'm assuming that most people buying/trying them will have sorted some coilovers, tyres, geometry setup, perhaps arb's, bushes, top mounts etc...

For those of you wanting a metric on this, I fitted front and rear strut braces to my first VR6, and (with no other modifications at all) the car was immediately 3½ seconds per lap faster around Castle Combe circuit, with less edge wear on the tyres as well.

If you don't think you need them, don't bother. But trust me, they make a helluva difference to the performance of the car. You won't find a £200 engine mod that will produce 3½ seconds improvement around a track.

Just my 2p of course,

John

by front and rear strut braces, do you mean you spaceframed your car and removed all surplus body panels?

just kidding, but are your track times THAT consistent that you could _definitely_ put the faster lap down to the extra rigidity?

if you have lateral acceleration before and after graphs, that would help a lot! :lol: :batman:

im after a front strut brace for my VR6, ive followed the links on the thread but not got anywhere, i cant read german either.

anyone know anywhere in the Uk i can get one from? and how much?

im having the same trouble as neil

im looking for front and rear strut braces for my VR6 but cat find many

someone must of brought some in the uk