Sign in to follow this  
CorradoRun

New Engine speed sensor fitted, yet fault code still there ?

hi guys, had my 1995 Corrado vr6 on the rolling road on saturday, its all standard with 80k. it only made 175.7 bhp !! so i pluged in the vag com and it showed G28 Engine speed sensor. so i changed that and cleared the code, but the code comes stright back as soon as you drive the car. and its still down on power.

any help would be great...

If the Engine Speed Sensor doesn't work, the car doesn't run, plain and simple. There can be borderline cases, but unless your car is stalling or stuttering or failing to start, you do NOT have an engine speed sensor problem.

G28 is the crank sensor isn't it?? It's the cam sensor, G40 which you cause it to be down on power...

What is the actual fault reading as the car would not run without the G28 signal.

Yep, correct.

The cam sensor is the one that loses you 30hp because it retards the ignition right back and runs richer (drops to batch injection instead of sequential).

Looks like you've replaced the £140 crank sensor for no reason :-)

Looks like you've replaced the £140 crank sensor for no reason

This is what i did. I went on the advise of a local guys cheap diagnostic computer that does 'every' car.

Went to amd who's more specific diagnostic read G40 sensor and £28 quid later me very happy.