Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

How much?!?

Thinking of getting a VR next summer, just been on confused.com and the best price was fully comp for £823!

I'm 30 with 1 yr NCB, (will be 2yrs by next summer) but the car will not be garaged and parked on the road overnight.

What kind of prices are similar aged peeps on here getting? I know Adrian Flux are reccomended on here but they qouted me over £700 on the valver a year ago and Direct Line beat them by £150 (so i'm with them).

Any advice, as ever, greatly appreciated...

Do you want me to have a look for ya?? PM me your number and i will give you a bell and see what we can do!! 8)

Martin

ouch... Sound too much for a 30 year old.

I used confused.com and got a policy with Admiral.. Set me back £580, im 27 with 5 years NCB.. I find the Storm isnt much more expensvie to insure than the Valver i had.. Mine isnt garaged either but parked on the driveway.

I'm assuming the 1 yr NCB is meaning that you had an accident a couple of years ago? or was it that you've only been driving a couple of years?

Do you want me to have a look for ya?? PM me your number and i will give you a bell and see what we can do!! 8)

Martin

defo get in touch with martin hes just sorted me out with a great deal

just on thing martin, cab i include right to salvage in the event of a right off??

try lancaster insurance. I'm 21, one yrs ncb.

Just insured a vr6 'rado fully comp on their modern cars policy for just under £720! Imagine my delight. £250 excess, it turned out better than their classic policy which had extra excesses due to my age, totalling £675 and the quote itself I believe was around the £750 area.

It's actually almost £100 cheaper than what I was paying tpft on a mk2 golf 8v gti with elephant, and elephant were previously my cheapest quote.