Sign in to follow this  
deano16v

Just joined

Hi all, new to the forum and new to Corrado ownership although I have run VW's for the last ten years, I have just found out what I have been missing, although within three weeks of owning the car I have had to rebuild front and rear brakes, fit new track rod ends, new anti-roll bar links, drive belt and fuel filter. There is still the famous abs problem to sort out as well as dodgy starting in the mornings, but so far the cars worth it, well thats what I keep on telling the wife anyway. But here it is with only one prev owner,FVWSH and only 60k on the clock, it does need to have bodywork done and a new sets of rims fitted, I was thinking of BBS RX single piece but I am yet to see a corrado with them on so not sure what they would look like

corrado.jpg

Hope you like and will post more pics as the work continues

Red's the best! :)

Welcome aboard.. looks lovely! And personally i'd stick with the speedlines! They suit the Corrado so well! :)

Looks ace, 1 hell of a lot more red than mine :)

I'd spend some money on suspension before new rims, makes the big difference! Looks better and handles SO much better.

Welcome dude!

Very nice tidy standard motor. I'm sure it wont stay that way for long. I'm definately with xbones when he says suspension first!!!

Is that the one from Volkscars? Have to take my friend there on Saturday to pick up a golf he's just bought.

Yeah thats the one, got it for a fair price in the finish, funny you mention you are there on Saturday as thats where I am going so they can plug the VAGCOM into it it and see what the starting problem is, I think its just a cold start relay or valve but they just want to confirm it.

Its a VR6, cloth trim with the optional air-con which I belive was dealer fitted when it was new. The car has got so much history, it took me ages to go through it all. I am really not sure which way to go with it to be honest, I would like to mod it but something tells me just to restore it to its former glory. I have also got a Golf mk11 16V which I have just finished a three year rebuild back to oe spec and I am planning on showing that at a few shows this year.

Here are a couple of pics of that one

16v4.jpg

16v3.jpg

Welcome! Nice looking motor. As others have said no doubt you'll be modding fairly quickly.

The interior has come up really well now I have spent a few hours on it and there is no rips or major signs of wear on the seats, the only thing I have had to get is a new set of floor mats for it which I got from VW and they still came with the Corrado writing on them and only cost £40 :o All inside the boot is like new with no scratches on the paint or plastic trim :)

Sounds like you've had a few problems with it considering you bought it from a dealer, hope it was all covered in the warrenty. May see you saturday then mate, you'll recognise my car as it is embarssingly dirty :oops:

Does anyone else think RX's look so different in 16" and 17"? Those pictures above look so different to what Kev's did when he had them, don't think I like them in 16".

Hi all, thought I would post a few more pics up, only problem is I have had a stone hit the windscreen today leaving a nice chunk out of the screen, it needed a new screen anyway so not that fussed

corrado003.jpg

corrado002.jpg

corrado006.jpg

corrado005.jpg

corrado004.jpg

Have also transferred my number on to it, painted the brakes and I have decided to keep the original speedlines now and just have them refurbed with a new set of tyres, just got to get it in for paint soon

Very nice indeed, and a lovley Mk2 you got there..

No harm in getting other wheels and having the speedlines so you can chop and change.

Nice subtle changes are the way ahead. Enjoy it..