Sign in to follow this  
SylvieKid

Corrado G60 - complete A/C kit?

Hi, I've recently emigrated to Oz and am currently in the process of trying to buy a Corrado G60, only it doesn't have A/C installed (and in this heat I'd be mad not to get it installed!!) :shock:

The only problem is that as Corrado's were never sold over here the only one's here have been brought over by ex-pats like me so trying to find a place over here that has spares, etc... is about as rare as the Corrado's themselves! :roll:

Anyway, can anyone give me some website links to companies in the UK that supply complete AC systems/kits for Corrados as I may have to look at getting them shipped over to Oz.

Cheers,

Andy :shock:

As the Corrado never had A/c in right hand drive, the only option will be a Diavia kit which you will have to pick up used. As these are rare in four cylinder form, you may have to use a VR6 system and adapt it to the G60 but some of the parts for the LHD G60 are available genuine. Look at the sticky thread about this system.

Or do what I did and adapt a climatronic system to fit. These are fitted to lots of VAG cars so why not go the whole hog?

A late type 35 Passat climatronic system will fit and give you almost everything up to the compressor and even that could be adapted.