Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Bowden cable replcement

I am having heater control problems (the small shaft on which the temperature gear turns has completly sheared). If I am going to replace the heater controls many people suggest replacing the bowden cables as well. Do you have to remove the whole dash to get to the other end of the bowden cables? Or can they be done by just taking on the central part of the dash which houses the controls and the stereo etc? I think I can handle taking out the centre part of the dash, but the whole dashboard seems a bit much for me and I'd probably need help.

many thanks

ed

:wink:

Should be ok without taking the whole dash out but you will need to take the passenger side lower shelf out and probably the drivers side too to get to the heater control box.

Centre dash removal will also involve removing the clocks surround as well.

So where do the 3 cables go to? Does anyone have a good diagram? Is the temperature control on one side of the car and directional flaps on the other? Are there any tips for removing the shelves or is it obvious?