Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

MILLTEK Exhausts Group BUY

Im a bit dumb so please forgive my question, how much of an exhaust am i getting for £265 i have a 1.8 16v without a CAT, do u get the full manifold with that as well or is it just the pipes coming from the manifold onwards to the rear?

u get from the CAt to the rear exit pipe

i think beetlebug is meaning cos he never had a cat fitted where will the system start from.......

As far as i know the 1.8 16v never had a CAT, so where will the system start from then will it just mount on to the exsisting manifold or do i get a new manifold 2, if i dont get a manifold anyone know where i can get one from cos i want one as well?

As far as i know the 1.8 16v never had a CAT, so where will the system start from then will it just mount on to the exsisting manifold or do i get a new manifold 2, if i dont get a manifold anyone know where i can get one from cos i want one as well?

TBH.....i don't think milltek list any system for the 1.8 16v......and you'd be looking at quite a bit more than £300+ just for the manifold alone

yeah thought it was pricy for a manifold 2 just thought id check still want one though, i think i might goto exhausts uk and get them to build me a custom one, i quite fancy making it sound throaty like a subaru impreza, a deep gurgle :), dunno if its possible but it sure would be nice.

Apparently u only need a CAT system from 1994 onwards

CAT fitment is UK law from August 1992 (K reg)

If your car is J reg 1992 (like mine) then you're okay to de-CAT.

I find it very surprising that your MOT station is not aware of this ??

CAT is fitted since 1991 onwards and HAVE to be on a vehicle from Aug 1992 but are not tested for uk law till 1994.. Although personally i think like urself thats is in affect from mid 92

HAVE to be on a vehicle from Aug 1992 but are not tested for uk law till 1994

What a strange government we have/had at that time !!

suppose they give us a couple of years to get used to the idea LOL has like we give a fuck if there is a CAT on the car or not Unless u into performance

i wasnt looking at it from that point but i suppose thats pretty good validation.

see all these peeps with half can of hairspray on than a couple of cans of deodorant and a driving their de-cat car to the recycling centre with old newspapers and bottles LOL

I think the government should relax the CAT laws.

I was serious about the ozone layer - I was watching a TV program the other week and according to a recent study, experts reckon that it really is starting to repair itself. Shame really - I was looking forward to some real hot summers once the greenhouse effect started to get a good hold.. :lol: :lol:

I know - I really do watch some crap on TV :puppydogeyes: I think I need to get out more.. :shaking:

Got a 4 month old Magnex & rather noisy induction kit.

Sounds like a WW2 Spitfire when I get past 3k rpm.. :rambo: 8)

Just reading your posts ref Milltek systems and what you guys believe to be available. In alot of cases you are misnformed woth regard to price and availability . Please send me a PM with your needs and i will be happy to supply you with the info. I can supply Milltek systems for all models of Corrado, i can also supply Cat By-pass pipes for ALL models of Corrado. In addition to this i have for the 16V and G60's custom built large bore stainless front pipes. I can also supply big bore systems for all Corrado models. Prices and full specs available on request.

haha steve I remember that noise from when I fitted my magnex got pissed off with the fitting of it though and dumped it for the powerflow custom exhaust which is bloody loud gonna be even louder when I remove the centre box for a straight through pipe :D powerflow dont whistle after 3k like the magnex I really miss that :(

haha steve I remember that noise from when I fitted my magnex got pissed off with the fitting of it though and dumped it for the powerflow custom exhaust which is bloody loud gonna be even louder when I remove the centre box for a straight through pipe :D powerflow dont whistle after 3k like the magnex I really miss that :(

Hi Ant, how's it going m8 ??

Jabba fitted my Magnex while they were doing the charger a few months ago. My G60 has the later type hangers, so I think it went straight on. Getting a Powerflow stainless CAT bypass soon - only £60 fully fitted.

Are you coming up to Donnington Park on Sunday ??

Just reading your posts ref Milltek systems and what you guys believe to be available. In alot of cases you are misnformed woth regard to price and availability . Please send me a PM with your needs and i will be happy to supply you with the info. I can supply Milltek systems for all models of Corrado, i can also supply Cat By-pass pipes for ALL models of Corrado. In addition to this i have for the 16V and G60's custom built large bore stainless front pipes. I can also supply big bore systems for all Corrado models. Prices and full specs available on request.

Regarding the big bore exhausts you do, what size is the VR6 one? 2.5"?

What are the advantages of increasing the tube diameter?

Cheers

Kev