Sign in to follow this  
G60DUBBA

What is it like owning a G60????

i plan to get a g60 within 2months.... been a massive fan of Corrado's ever since my bro got his Yellow G60 back in 1992 (i was a 5 year old... now im 20) I wake up and go to work with the image of a Corrado in my head.... image of sitting inside it and driving it... its quite scary.... if a Corrado was a girl and could speak... she would probably say that i am quite obsessed and get a bit scared haha. But neway cut the crap.... i jus want to know from all u G60 owners what is it like owning one???? i cant wait to hear the Supercharger screaming 2 be honest....... but please peeps let me know what its like owning G60....

MUCH APPRECIATED..

Yours Truly...

you wont regret it!!!

Shes been a little more expensive than i would of liked, but every time i flick the key and hear the noise i smile.

For me owning a G60 has been amazing fun and very enjoyable. Although she has started to make me go deaf!

You wont regret getting one! much better than the VR6 IMO.

damn....... o how i crave 2 hear the whining of the charger..... of MY OWN corrado. I WANT MORE OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS THOUGH!!!

Well, having owned mine in the meantime for 3.5 years, I am getting on top of all the nasty faults that it had, which weren't apparent when I bought it, some of which have nearly driven me to the brink of insanity at times (Rados are just much harder to work on that what I'm used to, i.e. my Roccos), but now that *touch wood* pretty much all things are more or less under control, I am actually dying to get my C back on the road, when the weather finally gets warmer again. Until then it's a hard tour ;-)

Not looking at selling it yet :-)

Tempest

Depends really! If its a totally standard, unmodified G60 charger, it should be inspected and rebuilt if needed every 60k. So if you do 60,000 miles a year, thats only every 6 years.. which is not exactly an unreasonable amount.

Aside from the rebuilds, the G60 is sensitive to having good clean oil (so change it every 6 months) and should (like any car) be warmed up and cooled down properly rather than just thrashing it point to point and stopping..

If you stick to that schedule you'll probably do alright!

Depends really! If its a totally standard, unmodified G60 charger, it should be inspected and rebuilt if needed every 60k. So if you do 60,000 miles a year, thats only every 6 years.. which is not exactly an unreasonable amount.
:scratch:

Some-one buy Jim a calculator....

LOL - mind you life must be hard when your a 75 year-old stuck in a 25 year old body...

Jim'll be along in a minute - he's just having his mid morning nap....

lol - I meant 10,000 miles a year. Bad nights sleep last night so not exactly feeling like Einstein on the maths front this morning ;)

Jim, You watched the "Night-terror" programme last night then?

I can sell you a night light to protect you from the monsters in your closet! :lol:

Great car, especially with a few basic tweaks (SNS antilag chip, and flowed charger). Even those 2 mods make a huge difference to them. They are quite easy to tweak, with flowed head and front mounted intercooler giving them the potential for going over 200bhp and retaining very high torque figures. Supercharer servicing is something that needs doing, but as mentioned above, only every few years and that all depends on how hard it is driven. I love it - the noise is fantastic. As with all old cars be prepared to spend money on it, and lots of it. Be prepared for large insurance costs being 20 years old.

Whats it like to own n drive a G60?

Ah to slip between the thigh's of an arabian princess and err :oops:

I love it I love Corrado's people just look at em on the high St. My yellow 60 people are just glued to it. Thats the buzz they may not be quick as to a Scooby unless major play has taken place but there is no substitute for style n cool. Money just can't buy that in another car.

8)

Whats it like to own n drive a G60?

Ah to slip between the thigh's of an arabian princess and err :oops:

I love it I love Corrado's people just look at em on the high St. My yellow 60 people are just glued to it. Thats the buzz they may not be quick as to a Scooby unless major play has taken place but there is no substitute for style n cool. Money just can't buy that in another car.

8)

Sod that i'd rather the Raddo any day over a Scooby

Great car, especially with a few basic tweaks (SNS antilag chip, and flowed charger). Even those 2 mods make a huge difference to them. They are quite easy to tweak, with flowed head and front mounted intercooler giving them the potential for going over 200bhp and retaining very high torque figures. Supercharer servicing is something that needs doing, but as mentioned above, only every few years and that all depends on how hard it is driven. I love it - the noise is fantastic. As with all old cars be prepared to spend money on it, and lots of it. Be prepared for large insurance costs being 20 years old.

I thought insurance was guna be a bum for me.... but ive dun research and worked out it would cost just under 1400 for insurance.... i can't remember if that was tpft though?!?!??!.... but if anything i should be able 2 manage it.... jus cut down on smoking. haha

cost me £1800 on my first corrado when i was 19. now im 21 it cost me £1100 all mods declared, compared to £2400 on my charged VR6 golf. £3500 per year on insurance....i must be mad....

Great fun to drive, and so long as you expect stuff to break (daft stuff - door handles, switches etc.) and allow for it, you'll be fine. Plenty of scope for tinkering too.