Sign in to follow this  
willmason

No Corrados Down Under!

I have emigrated to australia and I thought I would get a Corrado Storm because the petrol is cheap and the insurance (optional) is cheap aswell. I looked on Ebay. No Corrados or parts which I thought was strange. I bought the Auto trader which had very little VWs in it again no Corrados so I paid a visit to a local VW Dealers and when I asked about Corrados they didn't know what it was! I don't know if there are any here but its made me want one even more now. Its going to cost £2000 to get one shipped over from the UK. I have a Nissan 300zx at the moment but its just no where near as nice as the Corrado I used to have. I need to find a nice example. Just thought I had to rant on that Australia needs Corrados!

I am! I'm back home in April so I will be on the look out for one then I think. The cars over here are just over priced crap! I paid £5000 for a 1992 nissan 300zx and its fast but theyre cheap jap crap! A nice Storm with supercharger is on the cards I think!

Carpoid has done it.

That's the feller. (Carp on the brain) :lol:

A nice Storm with supercharger is on the cards I think

Now you could pretty much guarantee that you'd have the only one in the entire country.

Worth an extra 2k in my book, but not sure a quick visit home's gonna turn one up for you though.

My dad can hav a look for me as well but I wouldn't mind checking it out for myself I dont fancy getting one over here and finding out its a write off. I will have a look for one in japan but they don't look after their cars like us the zx I've got is one of the best I looked at and I don't think much of that. I was looking at the Storm on here for sale but I just dont like cream interiors.

I would get the supercharger conversion done. I wouldn't be looking for one with it already on because I know a lot of people wouldnt do that to a Storm.

Did NZ get some? I know there are also some "jap spec" ones about too.

Might be cheaper to get them shipped from there?

NZ did indeed have 'some'... or perhaps that should read 'a couple'?? there were only half a dozen or so sold in NZ as they were priced at the equivalent of £30K+ and only sold for about 9-10mths... there's a VW Club in NZ and the membership includes all 5 remaining cars!

Of course the other concern then is if it breaks.. you're gonna have a bit of a wait getting spares sent out to you! VW dealers won't stock any parts if they never sold the car there obviously.. unless they're parts common across various other models!

Hi mate, i shipped my G60 over about a year and a half ago now .......

Walsey is right, you need to own it for a year before shipping it, but you do have to be in the UK (they check every page page of your passport) and insured with the car before you can get import approval.

I shipped mine with http://www.karmanshipping.co.uk and had no problems, it costs a bit after paying taxes etc over here but you can fill the car with personal effects which is cool .......

Shoot us a PM if i be of any help, good luck !!

Matt