Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

CaiosG60 PWR TVR Cerbera - New SS Exhaust P5

Following on from another thread.

Ive been a bit quite on here over the last 12 months. Unfortunately my dad passed away after being very ill with cancer last year so cars have been far from my mind until recently.

The G60 has now been sold to a mate (RichH) and the Passat TDi was part exed on a Mercedes ML430, don’t ask. Anyway after the experience with my dad I decided that I should live for the moment and sold my cars and with the help of some inheritance bought the most mental car I could afford, a TVR Cerbera. Being an single idiot bloke I plan to use it everyday! lol

It’s a 97 that started as a 4.2 but a 1000 miles ago the engine was rebuilt to over 4.5 with forged pistons. (I don’t have the full info on piston size yet) Its been rolling road mapped to 388bhp and would be over 430bhp with a set of modded 4.5 inlets.

Spec:

EDIT* Detailed Engine Spec found out:

"Austec Racing Red Rose Spec"

91.56mm forged pistons

Bore machine to a few cc over 4.5.

Interference fit bore liners fitted (normally bonded or something)

Block skimmed compression ratio raised (red rose style)

Heads ported and polished

3 Angle valve seats (anyone??)

Replacement Cams timed to "secret" Austec spec

Replacement late spec crank

Conrods polished

Everything balanced to 1g, including internals and externals.

Sports exhaust

Decats

Custom mapped

AP racing clutch

Coilovers

Rear disks drilled and grooved

Standard AP racing big brakes all round

19” Wheels

Resprayed Azure blue (looks blue/silver)

Tuscan style front lights fitted, as found on late Cerberas

Afterburner style rear light fitted, also found on late Cerbera

Interior reupholstered in full leather

Alcantara roof lining

Performance Figures for standard 4.5:

0 to 60mph 3.8secs

0 to 100mph 8.3secs

195mph Top Speed

The history for the car is amazing. As well as the normal service book with stamps it has a big leather folder with the cars reg plate engraved on it. In the folder is a diary of everything that’s been done to car, services, upgrades, all owners, MOTs and even details of events like driven to Le Mans, speed trials, etc. Its used to belong to Steve Wright off the radio apparently according to the previous owner. It defiantly belonged to someone called Steve Wright at one time.

Almost forgot its got Corrado mirrors, header tank cap and the fuse box looks a bit vag to me.

sorry to hear about your dad car looks like a beast bet it is doing a good job of putting a smile on your face i lost my brother last year so had a 1.8t put in my rado not as living for the moment as buying a tvr for a daily driver! but helped put a smile on my face in hard times

neil.

Having been through the same with my dad last year so I know that the car is going to be scant compensation.

Having said that I'm sure your dad would be pleased to see that you're having fun with your inheritance and as you said, living for the moment

If you need more pages for the folder you can order them from here:

http://www.classicfolios.com

hey nice one cai

glad you made it back in one piece i bet you forgot to get tomo the vid the tunnel didnt you

Thanks very much lads, I mentioned my dad, as under the circumstances I didn’t want any jealous attitude from anyone about the car. (not that I would expect that here really :D )

Anyway the cars what we are here for! :lol: Nice one Andy that looks like the exact folder that came with the car, added to favorites. I wish TVR did more pages for there service book, they dont put many service pages in.

Ben, I did get a tunnel video! Havent got it off my phone yet though. Blew the exhaust doing it :lol:, lift off in 4th = bang. Got it welded today though. :D The car already has a G60 style to do list building! :lol: Exhaust needs replacing in full ideally, rear pads rattle, front disks warped and Im not to confident in the temp sensors either. :lol:

I made this thread earlier, got excited and had to go out for a spin. Not easy in the wet at all. The quick steering has had me over correcting the car all over the road. Been bliping 1st a bit tonight trying to get used to controlling the power with the quick steering. Really need to get it on a track or runway to hammer about with the rears spinning. Owww yeaah! :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

one of my favourite styled cars ever im my eyes, and with out any question one of the best exhaust note of any car 8) very 8)

karl (very jelous)

Sorry to hear about your loss mate - can't imagine what that must be like, despite a close call last year..

What a stunning piece of machinery.. I bet its a serious departure from your old Rado in just about every aspect!

Hoping to befriend someone with a TVR.. the noise off them just makes me go all wobbly inside whenever they go past, yet have never been out in one at any point. Need to start approaching TVR owners in my area ;)

Jim, i'm thinking about joining the tvr car club for that reason!

http://www.pistonheads.com has a great TVR forum (although it does get quite bitchy sometimes). There is also a good indie garage in Northwich, Torque RVT I think. Everyone on PH seems to rate him v. highly, and it isnt a million miles away from you.

lol.. turn up in my old Rado to a meet under the pretense that i'm thinking of buying a TVR and I would like some passenger rides to help make up my mind! ;)

I can't see them falling for it somehow! :)

Jim, it’s the rwd & light weight that makes it such a different car from anything Ive had before. I cant say enough about how scary the thing is. The guy I bought it off kept warning me but I was pretty arrogant about it. Ive driven some very powerful dubs and had track tuition in an excige. But the combination of elements from those car combined in the Cerbera just blows me out of the water. :lol:

Jim & Lippy, I'll still be coming along to VAG events even with the TVR, as long as Im allowed. So if you want to see what ones like you should get a chance.

Everyone Ive met who’s connected with TVRs had been really helpful and friendly. Seams like a good natured car scene so far. Im sure most, like me would be happy to take fellow car enthusiast for a spin.

My wife is an only one and has already vowed that when the day comes to claim her inheritance (hopefully not for a good few years yet) she'll buy a Cerbera, after the Chimera probably the most reliable TVR ever (admittedly not saying much)

Love the Cerb. Makes me want another one just looking at it.

Had a 98 4.2 which was absolutely awesome. The only reason I sold was I didn't trust myself with my precious little ones in the back - roll cage or no roll cage.

Used to love holding it above idle on a cold start to give it a chance tick over properly before reversing out of the garage. Not a very elegent engine the AJP - loads of piston slap when cold, but wait for that oil pressure to drop and hey presto....

It used to eat throttle pots too, but that's OK as they were Ford units!

An amazing car which, to be honest can be bought for new Ford Focus money... thats what I used to tell everyone who thought I was on a film star salary!

Enjoy it, you deserve it!

Love the Cerb. Makes me want another one just looking at it.

Had a 98 4.2 which was absolutely awesome. The only reason I sold was I didn't trust myself with my precious little ones in the back - roll cage or no roll cage.

Used to love holding it above idle on a cold start to give it a chance tick over properly before reversing out of the garage. Not a very elegent engine the AJP - loads of piston slap when cold, but wait for that oil pressure to drop and hey presto....

It used to eat throttle pots too, but that's OK as they were Ford units!

An amazing car which, to be honest can be bought for new Ford Focus money... thats what I used to tell everyone who thought I was on a film star salary!

Enjoy it, you deserve it!

Wicked you know what Im on about with the savage personality of the car then!

It does sound knackered on start up which takes some getting used to, but once warmed up its mint. Engine was fully rebuild just over a 1000 miles ago by Austec Racing so even with the bad sound at start up Im confident in the engine. Otherwise Id probably get worried every morning.

Yeah,

The early 4.2 's were even worse as they had the 'clatter cams' which made it sound like a bag of spanners even whem warm.

The less aggressive cams fitted to the later 4.2s and all 4.5s certainly helped.

Funnily enough, I have been working in Park Lane, London today and I had to pass the TVR garage to get the place where I was working. Perhaps another TVR may be on the cards - who knows!

Anybody fancy a well sorted & low mileage G60????!

Perhaps another TVR may be on the cards - who knows!

Anybody fancy a well sorted & low mileage G60????!

There that sort of car. The idea of geting one just grows and grows until its got to be done. (In your case again 8) )

Love it! I had a piece of one in my C once upon a time ;-)

What happened to your interior, change of plans? Not sure you can be any more outrageous than that. By the way got any bits knocking about?

Got some better details on the engine today. Its now sort of "Red Rose Spec" which was a factory engine option for people who arent well in the head and needed more power, well its Austec racing red rose spec.

New engine spec is:

91.56mm forged pistons

Bore machine to a few cc over 4.5 instead of a the norm for 4.5s 4.490.

Interference fit bore liners fitted (normally bonded or something)

Block skimmed compression ratio raised (red rose style)

Heads ported and polished

3 Angle valve seats (anyone??)

Replacement Cams timed to "secret" Austec spec

Replacement late spec crank

Conrods polished

Everything balanced to 1g, including internals and externals.

Some more pics, bit dirty at the moment due to all the driving. :lol: Needs a wipe down and hoover inside. :oops:

Stop putting more pics up, you are making me want to rob a bank and get one.....

The Cerbera is IMHO the best car that TVR knocked up...

Stop putting more pics up, you are making me want to rob a bank and get one.....

The Cerbera is IMHO the best car that TVR knocked up...

:lol: :lol: Wait till after this weekend. I'll probably have cleaned and painted the engine by then. So more pics!

OK, I'll have to put a damper on things:-

:wink:

It will leak oil - silicone sealant for a sump gasket isn't ideal.

Bits of trim will fall off.

The window control unit (housed in a Maplin black ABS box on top of the fuel tank beneath the Velcro strip) will fail.

The clutch slave cylinder seals will fail and it's a gearbox out jobby as the slave cylinder is inside the bellhousing due to clearance issues.

And everyone will recognise the upside-down Fiesta rear lights not to mention the C wing mirrors!

I had to say these things to give me a reality check. That said, I've spent more money & time on my C in the last 12 months than I did on my Cerb in about the same time.

AND I got back what I paid for my Cerb when I sold it.

B****r, I want another...