Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

My Wheel Dilemma

Right i have a choice...

I ve been trying to get hold of a set of 17" BBS LMs, which is proving quite difficult.

Anyway ive been told that the BBS will take around a month to arrive now!

And for the samish sorta price i can get a Set of Custom made 3 piece "WORK" rims made up.. any offset , dish , finish etc..

The WORK rims i have been shown are very very similar to the BBS LMs only they have a very very nice lip aswell.

Was thinking 17 X 8" ET25 Fronts and 17" X 8.5 Et 15 Rears? 4X100 PCD aswell.

Or maybe 17 X 7.5 Fronts Et25 & 17 X 8 ET15 Rears.. not sure??

vsxx4.jpg

These are the rims. bit more of a dish but you get the idea..

WORK VS-XX

splash.jpg

Question is, i dont know what to do now??? lol

That is just the very best dilemma to have, can't offer any advice but whatever you decide they're both stunning :mrgreen:

I ve also been told these are as light if not lighter than the BBS wheels aswell, so i will just have to see, i am sure i will post up a few pics once they are on. :)

They are also 3 piece as opposed to the LMs which are 2 piece..

do something different mate, if the above is true RE weight and quality - what have you got to lose? its your car - enjoy it!

dont give in to branding! BBS wheels are good and have long been associated with VW's but if you can find something which looks just as nice (or better IMO), is as light, costs the same but can arrive sooner and has the added bonus of being custom made and a bit more exclusive than the LM's, why not go for it?

Lippy,

I agree with lippy go for the Works, I was planning on getting some LM's as I cant be bothered with refurbing RS's added bonus of being light weight you cant really go wrong.

still say go with the BBS, the Works ones look like a BBS which means they are trying to COPY a BBS and Copies are never as good as originals, becuase they are just that, Copies! if you are going to go with Works wheels why dont you go for a different design that isnt a Dished LM copy....

well done mate, they looks soooooo cool in your sig pic!!! knew you'd make the right decision in the end! just got to get its rear end down a bit more....

yeah i know mate! ive had to raise it cus with the 20mm spacer on the rear its rubbing a bit, but this will be sorted dont worry. lol

WOW Snap - Just been trying to ring darren to ask the same question - Am looking to sell my porsche rims and go down the LM route!

Seeing that pic has just made my mind up!!!