Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Flusteds DIY G60 twin inlet

Im am no way saying this is better than a swg jobby its just i like to make my own stuff with whatever is in my shed :lol:

I already had a jabbasport induction kit and heat shield and a spare alloy inlet adaptor so thought id make a twin inlet.

First i added a cold feed through the cc hole using a bit of landrover airbox pipe 8)

DSC00303.jpg

Then trim the heatshield

DSC00302.jpg

Then using some more flexi ducting (think it was for the airvents in the dash of some car :oops: ) i routed the second inlet onto a renault 5 turbo jr cone filter which is the same brand as the jabba 1.

All the tubing is 3" to the filter and the 3" stainless pipe is the tailpipe i cut off my mates spare cossie 4x4 exhaust (he doesnt know yet :oops: )

heres the finished artical

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

The second filter cost me £20 from ebay, £6 for jubilees, piping was free and the inlet adaptor was £10 so a totalof £36 8)

What do you think?

Nice one m8,been waiting to get around to doing this on mine.

Does the job eh 8)

Neil.

Well done Flusted :salute: looks the biz too!

You going to No Rice next week? I want to see it in the flesh!

Very nice work mate! Iv just brought a length of 3" pipe, a k and n panel filter, some engine bay de-greaser, a stiff paintbrush, and some zip ties today to do the carbon canister removal mod on my g60, drill the bottom of the air box, treat it to the k and n and a good engine bay clean and get a cold air feed to the bottom of the box, question is, is there anything i need to know when removing the carbon canister, do i just leave the hoses open or blank them off that led to the canister? and whats the best way to fix the other end of the pipe to the back of the lower grille under the bumper? Is this the best place to put it? Thanks in advance,

I cant drive it for another week till the cast is taken off my leg :cry: .

Fittin a cold feed is different on my car as i have a rs bumper

Ahh, i snapped my arm a few years ago playing ice hockey and it was a cast that included the thumb bit, it drove me mad not driving my car (which was a g40 back then) so i cut the thumb part of the cast off with a junior hacksaw blade, all good untill i went back to have the cast off and got "told off" by the nurse who took it off proporly. But id probably advise using a normal size hacksaw blade for your leg cast. Would you advise me to locate the other end of the hose behind that little grille in the lowar bumper?

Good work mate.

Been meanin to do this myself.

Was goin to order a piece of samco for the 180 bend, but your way will be cheaper

Ahh, i snapped my arm a few years ago playing ice hockey and it was a cast that included the thumb bit, it drove me mad not driving my car (which was a g40 back then) so i cut the thumb part of the cast off with a junior hacksaw blade, all good untill i went back to have the cast off and got "told off" by the nurse who took it off proporly. But id probably advise using a normal size hacksaw blade for your leg cast. Would you advise me to locate the other end of the hose behind that little grille in the lowar bumper?

I done my leg playing roller hockey! the first cast they fitted rubbed, so i went back and had another fitted which also rubbed so i took a hacksaw and took 2" off the bottom, fits a treat now :lol:

Now i just need to work out how to mod it :lol:

Get the hose as low down as poss and in direct airflow, air is coldest approx 6" from floor

i like your imagination, got me thinking now, just wandering where you got the inlet adapter from tho for the second piping? any tips will be appreciated :)

Nice job done there!

Id like to try it on my G60, but Im still scared to shit about touching anything in there.. hehhe.

I dont know how u were guys playin that ice/in-line hockey and left the rink with crushed bones :) I was playin in league few years, and only thing I had it was smashed thumb nail =)

first real injury for me in 14years of playin! The second inlet adaptor i got off a member on here

Good work mate, I can't think where I've seen this before :roll: I wondered how long it would take for a lookalike to emerge !! Time to come clean, credit where credits due :wink: 8) :)

twin-Cones-22-web.jpg

As i said before, it will never be as good as the real thing, my heatsheild is badly cut not laser cut etc and i the cost of buying all the bits new must be very high

yeah good work mate

I am gonna do this too , looks like a good mod

2 questions

does it make any difference in ya throttle response or power delivery( noise too)

and second question

what rocker cover is that cos if im not mistaken, thats the 1st one ive seen wit the breather on the opposite side to the one on mine, i thought mk3 golf gtis had them on that side?

But back on topic

WELL DONE!!! :D

Thanks for that flusted! Iv now removed cc, got a piece of 3" ending in the same place but as im on standard bumper theres no where to put the pipe that isnt behing the grille - diddnt wonna put it there as the pipe would run about an inch away from charger pulley which is a bit to close for me. So i have a 90 degree bend on the end of the pipe and strapped it next to the air duct for the brakes (diddnt want to cut into that duct as want the brake to get as much air as poss) but made it sit a little lower, it prob is about 6 inches from the floor. Im running air box with k and n panel filter and drilled it directly above where the pipe ends. Does what iv done sound ok?

And with the ice hockey accident, i only had that major one in 4 years, a 17 stone player landed ontop of me after a dodgy tackle and my arm ended up under my back the wrong way with 17 stone of player on top of me, i stood up, looked at my arm and my thumb was touching my elbo on the same arm, wasnt very nice, But any way nice work with the cast modding flusted, get some go faster stripes!

what rocker cover is that cos if im not mistaken, thats the 1st one ive seen wit the breather on the opposite side to the one on mine, i thought mk3 golf gtis had them on that side?

Looks like you mounted the rocker cover the wrong way round :-)