Sign in to follow this  
ReekieVR

Prodrive to buy Aston Martin !!

Great news here

"Aston Martin could soon be back in British hands

Aston Martin, the classic British marque associated with top footballers and James Bond films, could be back in English hands early next week. Ford is close to agreeing the sale of the upmarket carmaker to a consortium led by David Richards and his private equity-backed Prodrive racing company for up to £500m."

Nice to see some good news about the uk sports car industry for a change. Hope it comes off !

Thats good news. I wondering if prodrive were going to buy them after seeing a pro-drive DB9 rally car yes aston martin DB9 rally car in this months EVO magazine!

Isn't Dave Richards also trying to get into F1, if so we could have Aston Martin F1 team! Good advertising for the mark :-)

Isn't Dave Richards also trying to get into F1, if so we could have Aston Martin F1 team! Good advertising for the mark :-)

Fecking expensive game that, not sure it's an Aston thing, maybe le-mans instead?

But who really knows? :wink:

" DB9 rally car"

*rushes out to buy EVO *

( anyone notice the forum being v slow today / yesterday, or is it just me ? )

Great news! Better than them being bought by fecking Louis Vuitton!!

( anyone notice the forum being v slow today / yesterday, or is it just me ? )

Yep its being a cnut for me, very slow loading pages and when i close the window and come back on later its logged me out which never usually happens :x

Yep its being a cnut for me, very slow loading pages and when i close the window and come back on later its logged me out which never usually happens :x

I got logged out too. ANDI !!!!

his teams is in next years championship i think...an aston martin F1 team sounds very good to me lol.

Richards is involved in the consortium on purely a personal basis. Prodrive has no financial involvement in the deal.

So Prodrive haven't actually "Bought" Aston Martin

I got logged out too. ANDI !!!!

Working perfectly for me?

This page was generated in 0.05 seconds according to the banner right at the bottom of the page.

As for being logged out - occasionally that happens when you have too many sessions going at one time (i.e. on more than one page of the site at once, in different windows) and eventually it purges the cache, clearing it all. There's a maximum of about 1000 sessions until it maxes out then clears the cache to stop the site crashing. It's that or we get a bug we used to be plagued with about the session cache is full and no-one can log in or post or anything then until I manually clear it.

It only occured on the 8/9th Andi. Seems ok again now.Will check that i onlyhave 1 page open if it happens again.

i read / heard in some news report that Dave Richards' partner said she has "always wanted an Aston Martin... didnt think he'd buy the whole company"

Well "Aston Martin back in British hands" is probably a bit ambitious, considering most of the money is from a Kuwaiti venture capitalist and a Texan Aston enthusiast...

"Americans sell Aston to the Kuwaitis" would probably be more accurate !

"Americans sell Aston to the Kuwaitis" would probably be more accurate !

I agree. Its still good that Dave Richards is part of it.