ziderapple

Fun on the dunes :-D

sweet Chris ! :D just need a blower strapping on ! :tongue:

There is tons of room for one.....

Sadly, unless an s/c kit comes up for silly money I wont be force feeding it, I need to clear the credit card and save for my house deposit :? Boring I know but pretty essential.

I'll be at Edition 38 for those who'd like a spin or go in it. :)

really chuffed to see this back to life. You started having issues with your 12v and the subsequent rebuild etc when we had similar issues with nikkis vr. Are you still planning on doing the detailed build story you mentioned earlier. Will definitely be taking lots of pics at e38 if thats ok. Do you have any pics of the downpipe you had made up?

cracking work anyway, good luck with the mot, fingers crossed

Gav

Cheers Gav. Feel free to take planty of pic's at ed38. :)

Well I got to drive it properly tonight, and...... I love it. :grin: So responsive, the normal VR lethargy is completly gone, it shoves as soon as you blip the throttle, makes a lovely growling sound and is pretty rev happy. Still not had a chance to fully open the taps as its got no MOT so had my brother follow me, I dropped it off at the testers after picking it up but I did manage to have some ring road fun on the way. I will get some pics up tomorrow.

The cost?

Engine, ECU, loom: £700

Custom downpipe: £200

ECU defeat, wiring, pedal, 2 new lamda's etc £540

Grand total of £1440 - I dont think thats too bad. :D True cost is probably slightly higher due to oil, coolant etc but thats just service stuff I would have bought this year anyway.

Feels so fu**ing good to be back behind the wheel of a Corrado :luvlove:

Nice one Chris. Glad to hear its in and running. Been a while though eh? I thought I dragged my heels. :D

You'll want more power again soon though, I bet.

well done mate. :salute: im fed up with the VR lethargy myself so the charger plans are on hold and its 24v here we come :clap: so many people singing their praises so they cant all be wrong .can i book my test drive at e38 please :grin:

OK, I dont think my earlier post's got across the 24v feeling. Having been able to go out for a proper rant tonight, IT'S F**KING AWESOME!! I'm so pleased. I'd go as far to say I prefer it to when I fitted the s/c :shock: sure the s/c VR was faster, but I just love how responsive it is now. Way too easy to wind it up to a tonne without really noticing and it sounds fapping great.

chris great to hear your car is all sorted - really pleased for you, but not as pleased as you are by the sounds of things :)

really can't wait to get back and get mine sorted now...

quick question - what did you do with regards to the lambdas/manifold and are you running the twin cat setup

(i know you had a manifold fabricated, but i'm interested to know if you kept the twin cat assembly and how many of the lambdas you kept/had deleted..)

also (don't want to be rude or anything...) i was wondering how much it cost to have the manifold fabricated and what it's made out of i.e mild or stainless...

great work anyway buddy - hope you enjoy many hours of driving it; got to have been worth the wait :)

Cost is a few posts up, but £200 all in for the downpipe. Appears to be in stainless too. It mated up to the old cat, so only runing the one, deleted two lamda's and kept two which are quite high up, one in each down pipe (before it mates into one). I'll try and get a pic up of the downpipe for those interested.

Oh and found the source of the gearbox noise... mechanic told me the gearbox was fecked.... I had a look and somehow when it was off the inspection plate has become dented which is obviously rubbing on something, if you press another part of it to flex it the noise goes! Ordering a new one today.

cheers.

Chris, great news buddy. So pleased its all back together finally. Will have to have a Bristol meet so I can come over and gawp. I've seen the car outside your parents' place several times now; its just 'round the corner from my sister's flat, so I'll keep my eyes open the next time I over, for a green VR 24v screaming past... :D :lol:

Nice one Chris! Pretty sharp on the old throttle ain't they 8) . I drove a mk5 r32 and couldn't believe just how quickly it responded, even at low revs.

Definate way forward if my 12v lets go....... with a pair of turbos of course :shock:

I'm with Charley, time for a Bristol meet :clap:

Woop! Good work Chris, that's awesome! must be good to have it all finished now.

A sub £1500 24v conversion sounds pretty good money! :shock:

Glad to see another happy member of the club! :clap:

Isnt it just amazing that there is such a HUGE difference between the 12v and 24v engines? You'll never go back now.

Congrats :afro:

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm well up for a Bristol/Bath meet; I'd actually quite like to show it off :D

I've just been out for a run on my private test track, there's one bit just like a motorway slip road, joined it at about 40mph in third, floored it, was doing 85 by the time I joined the track left it third and it pulled right up to 95, slammed it into fourth and it pulled right up to 130mph in barely anytime at all - going up hill. :)

The more I drive it the more I love it. So much induction noise - think the ebay filters going to get sucked into the engine! :lol: Loving the buckets of instant grunt. Before I got it on the road I was kind of wishing I'd opted for an R32 but I think its a perfect amount of power for the Corrado, plus R32's tend to go for around £1500, I did all mine for that.

I fitted my 11" Spal fan earlier and replaced the dented gearbox inspection cover. Temp sat on 80 / 85 degC for the whole drive and no more noise from the gearbox. :clap:

great to hear that buddy - god i'm unbelievably champing at the bit to get mine started now.

really pleased to hear yours has gone so well. i don't need to ask if you are chuffed - your posts say it all - good for you :clap:

Will get some pic's up tommorrow, I have the day off to wait for delivery of my new car...... :D :D

To be fair there's not a great deal to see different from earlier pic's, but will post some regardless, including the downpipe. I'll be at Edition38 for those who'd like a good nose.

I still have a couple of issues with it; It's developed a funny intermitiant fluctuating idle problem and the emissions are still not spot on - but not out enough to cause any problems; its still highly driveable. :nuts:

New car got delivered at 9am this morning :D :D

DSC00056.jpg

Octavia vRS PD TDi 170bhp, 258 lb/ft. Dual zone climate, 18" alloys, and a covered in a sexy race blue colour. Just need to run it in now. Had 10 miles on the clock when it rolled of the trailer.

Sweet!! I managed to talk my mother into buying a black Vrs TD which was delivered last week (dunno how I managed to convince her :tongue: )! Looking forward to going home on a visit next weekend and take it for a quick spin!

That'll be fun to drive :) - I'm envious

I'm going down the company car route myself soon to save the C but I can't afford the tax on the Octavia. Probably getting a Golf 1.9 TDI Bluemotion as its just 119gms CO2 and 13% tax. Only 105bhp :( but should be a nice contrast to fire up the C for weekends :)

that's a nice compromise for a daily driver instead of the C

apparently it's quite easy to have some tail happy shenanigans with the octavia vrs's - nice colour, hope you enjoy it!

still far more envious of the rado though :D

...It's developed a funny intermittent fluctuating idle problem and the emissions are still not spot on

Hi mate,

I have this problem with mine at the moment too. The rpm needle fluctuates a bit and the ecu reports rpm signal intermittent on vag-com. She

Aye thats a very good price. Ive enquired and it going to be possibly nearer to £4k for a drive in drive out for a 24v conversion.

...It's developed a funny intermittent fluctuating idle problem and the emissions are still not spot on

Hi mate,

I have this problem with mine at the moment too. The rpm needle fluctuates a bit and the ecu reports rpm signal intermittent on vag-com. She