Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

Bulb for heater centre control

My dealers dont seem to know what i am talking about when i asked for a bulb to fit this.

Its the insert that goes behind the central control on the heater control panel.

Does anyone know how i can go about getting it replaced? (vw part number etc? halfrauds??)

Photo-0106.jpgPhoto-0105.jpg

Sorry the pics are crap. Im sure anyone that has had this item out knows exactly what im on about.

Cheers. Del.

Halfords do 'em. Bought one from them a couple of weeks ago. Take the old bulb in and compare with the bulbs on the shelves and you'll find the right one.

Just wish mine worked! Changing the bulb made no difference, so guess I've a loose connection to go and find.

Thanks everyone that replied.

It is indeed available from Halfords. I didnt have the old bulb, but the guy was quite friendly & helpful (for a change).

So anyone that wants to know for future reference, its called a 286 bulb, and it cost me £1.79p.

Thanks everyone that replied.

It is indeed available from Halfords. I didnt have the old bulb, but the guy was quite friendly & helpful (for a change).

So anyone that wants to know for future reference, its called a 286 bulb, and it cost me £1.79p.

It is also listed in Halfords bulb catalogue as a dash bulb IIRC.

just a tip for anyone that needs these, and aint desperate or even wants to keep a spare or two. (definitely advise this if you are playing around or modifying anything in that area, cos they can blow so easily....)

http://www.consumabulbs.com/files/bdet.php?id=63

Cheap as chips. i just ordered 10, cos i know i will blow half of them in the fitting / adjusting of the work i am doing. they work out at 59p each andP&P is free!

just a tip for anyone that needs these, and aint desperate or even wants to keep a spare or two. (definitely advise this if you are playing around or modifying anything in that area, cos they can blow so easily....)

http://www.consumabulbs.com/files/bdet.php?id=63

Cheap as chips. i just ordered 10, cos i know i will blow half of them in the fitting / adjusting of the work i am doing. they work out at 59p each andP&P is free!

thats a good find, cheers