Sign in to follow this  
Craig

prices on young G60 owners insurance

That time of year is here and my insurance renewal has come through. its with BRENTACRE and for the G60 listed in my sig they've quoted £995 tpft on a 210bp limit. im a bit disappointed as this is only £170 cheaper than last years insurance and since then ive turned 21 and got another years no claims! Brentacre have been good and cant fault them but i feel i could get cheaper and also im looking to go travelling before xmas and i dont think you can cancel your insurance with them so that would mean paying for insurance im not using?

anyway to the point before i ring to try and haggle the price down i was just wandering (if you dont mind disclosing this info) what ballpark other ppl are paying for a modded G60 around my age group, 21, student with 3 years ncb and what company its with. i know the area etc matters and where the cars kept thats why im just looking for a rough guide,

Thanks for the help, craig.

thanks for the input, used the search and got some numbers, think ill be trying HIc, Chriss notts and adrian flux, if not brentacre will do,

Andrian Flux seem to be more of a broker search engine now.

my first quote with them on my VR was with them, but my last 2 have been through a different company they provided :-/

I do think HIC are a different company though

Cheers for the recommendation Ben! 8)

think HIC and adrian flux are one company....

Nah different companies, just owned by the same person now! :)

Craig - feel free to pm me your number buddy, i will happily give you a bell and see if i can help!

I use elephant and I'm paying £320 fully comp with all mods decleared. I know I'm a bit older but might be worth giving them a try

Slimg60, That does sound like a great deal! bit late as ive sorted it now tho, thanks for the reply

martinb, Thank you too for the offer but ive had to sort it asap and only managed a quick call to hic before i saw your post, came out at £1200!

Managed to get £568 TPTF with adrian flux who have quoted from the company ensign, all mods declared plus stated power at the wheels, 3 years ncb and thats wih my sp30 too. pretty pleased with a £400+ saving! coilovers maybe?

Thanks for the advice on yet another insurance thread, sorry! did turn out to help me a great deal tho!

sometimes its nice being older. i pay 380 with elephant - everything declared. add your mum as a named driver - i find it lowers the cost down by around 100.

Stick at it. Mine has finally started to get a bit more sensible now that i'm past 25 and have 6 years NCD.. and live in a good area.. and garage the damn thing.

But even then I did have to do some phoning around - thankfully Martin managed to sort me out with a good policy through HIC.

I guess sometimes there would be a lot to be said for just driving a totally standard blandbox Focus or something as trying to hunt down insurance for modified cars is a royal PITA! :(

I'm 22 with an SP30 and accident both 4 years ago and for an approx 200bhp G60, mine is £738 fully comp with 4years unprotected NCB with Adrian Flux :) That was the best price I found. To renew with my current insurer, Brentacre - they wanted over 1100!!