Sign in to follow this  
deano16v

Windscreen wind noise

Hi all, has anybody ever had to have a new screen fitted and after it has been fitted suffered with wind noise. I had one fitted last week by a national company and since it has been fitted the wind noise at around 60mph is awfull, they have had it back and attempted to reseal it but it is no better, any ideas? as it driving me nuts with the 30mile commute to work everyday.

Is it a vw screen or a pilkington or other? RAC did mine last week they couldn't get the pilky one to fit properly so had to fit vw one and found that hard to do. Think alot have had trouble until a genuine screen is fitted. Insist on vw sekrut one if it isn't and a new seal.

had the exact same prob after mine was fitted,brought it back and had it back sealed too,but the lad who did it said it never works. sure enough it didnt

Bring it back and insist on a new one being put in, as they have to be put in right initially, ask for a top tint screen while you're at it, they're cool 8)

I have a lot of noise from the top of the pass side of the windscreen. Especailly when you go over 70. Any fixes people have used there? Its not been replaced AFAIK.

Just a thought, has anyone used any sound deadener on the c-posts around the windscreen? If so, did this affect the wind noise at all?

There's also too much road noise so apart from the door skins has deadening the wheel arches been tried? Again, any noticeable effect? Cue Haywire...

this same old issue for me is doig my head in. wind noise over 70ish is terrible and i'm guessing its because the window rubber trim is not fitted in properly. I'm thinkig of removing it altogether and fittling te gap with balck or clear silicone. Is this wise and will it look totally crap?

I got a crack in my screen recently so it's going to need replacing soon and I'm dreading it now after hearing so many bad stories :(