Sign in to follow this  
Balti Pie

How many Corrado's were sold in the uk???.......

.......And do we know how many are left on road???Just wondered if anyone had tried to contact DVLA for figures???? Just be interested to find out.

The UK recieved about 9000 Corrado's.. its anyones guess as to how many are left here now!

Think this has been asked a few times before but don't think anyone has tried to obtain the figures. I agree it would be interesting to know how many were left of each type / year, especially as there always seems to be several being broken.

The DVLA may provide the information under the freedom of information act - see here

The UK recieved about 9000 Corrado's.. its anyones guess as to how many are left here now!

I would guess a trawl through here would kick up around a 1000 or so that have been broken or written off. (f we still had the for sale threads that is)

The DVLA may provide the information under the freedom of information act - see here

I am pretty sure that they only have an obligation to provide you with information relating to yourself, not other people or property, so its unlikely the DVLA will share the information freely i'm pretty sure a friend of my father still works at the DVLA so i will ask around.

Under the FOI Act you can ask for stuff not relating to you, it gives you the right to access info held by public authorities. There are exemptions of course, when they don't have to provide the info like if it's protected by data protection etc...

I would guess a trawl through here would kick up around a 1000 or so that have been broken

And that's just since JIMMI joined :wink: :lol:

I would guess a trawl through here would kick up around a 1000 or so that have been broken

And that's just since JIMMI joined :wink: :lol:

:lol:

I got a name to ask for at dvla and emailed him here ages ago.

No surprises he didn't reply. Probably dead busy doing, er... car things. :roll:

I think under FOI a formal request has to be made in writing, and they're obliged to reply within 20 days - even if that's just to say they can't provide the info. Could be worth a try again. Other than that, one of the motoring mags might be able to help - I seem to recall when Autocar ran features on secondhand performance cars they often quoted production numbers, and numbers left in the UK.

I know the DVLA has disclosed how many cars are left registered for other marques. I'm sure if someone official from here did a letter we'd get a response??

Did VW ever give figures out on colour and model breakdown??

It's now 11 years since the last one were registered. I personally very much doubt if even 3,000-4,000 are left now. I've been responsible for the "deaths" of two Corrados myself !

It's now 11 years since the last one were registered. I personally very much doubt if even 3,000-4,000 are left now. I've been responsible for the "deaths" of two Corrados myself !

You savage John! ;)

That figure would not suprise me either though.

Might get off my arse and drop the DVLA a line about this.