Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

How much.......????

Overheard in a VW site yesterday

"I wonder if you can give me the price on a drivers side door mirror glass on a MK5 Golf please"

"No problem sir, I presume it's electrc"

"Yes, its also auto dimming"

"No problem, let me just check - right sir, that will be £185.90 + VAT"

"I only wanted the glass, not the mirror housing and the f***ing door its attached to"

"Fitting will be another £45 + VAT"

Makes some Rado prices seem reasonable

That, frankly, is disgusting.

I guess VAG feel now that they have released a successful Bugatti, they can start pricing parts across the range to match!

Peanut had a receipt for his old s2 from audi for "untwisting rear seatbelts" for £67 plus vat!!

What you mean - £200 for a coilpack, £500 for a slam panel, £8.50 for one spark plug, £22 for one HT lead, £500 for a throttle body?

Yeah, very reasonable :lol:

What you mean - £200 for a coilpack, £500 for a slam panel, £8.50 for one spark plug, £22 for one HT lead, £500 for a throttle body?

Yeah, very reasonable :lol:

Bargin I'll take two :wink:

I remember when the merc came out with the all in one mirrors (indicators, auto dim, heated, make tea) - they cost a small country to replace due to all the electrical gubbins inside them.

you only need em to see behind you - and for some people they still remain "brand new, unused" :lol:

I remember when the merc came out with the all in one mirrors (indicators, auto dim, heated, make tea) - they cost a small country to replace due to all the electrical gubbins inside them.

you only need em to see behind you - and for some people they still remain "brand new, unused" :lol:

Along with some other components including, indicators and the 'single use' fog light switch.

There was a thing in Autoexpress about this a few weeks ago - it's not just VW it's most manufacturers with the auto dimming etc, they were on about adding it to the windscreen policy's on your insurance...