Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

What happened to the Calender??

Hello all, been a while since i logged in, still got my G60 over here. Just wondering what ever happened to the Corrado Calender that was going to be made ?? Not happening anymore ??

Just struggling with time mate. Dinkus was organising it, but is incredibly busy with work etc.. and i'd volunteered to help but am having the same sorts of problems.

We do definately want to do it though mate. Just.. trying to find the time. We don't have the money to stump up for an external company to just "do it" either so you can see its a bit of a rock / hard place situation!

Yeah sorry - I got snowed under with work for the last few months so didn't have time to sort it out.

I've come up for air now, but as it's too late to get anything done for April (backup plan was a financial year calendar) then I'm not sure what to do.

A few people also managed to 'lose' the high-res versions photos that they submitted, so I've got a couple of holes.

So if someone can design something, we can have a re-vote or somesuch to fill the gaps, but I'm not sure what we do about months to run it on.

I'm open to any suggestions...

I think doing a 2008 one is more realistic :(

If someone knows their way round Illustrator or similar and is willing to have a crack at designing it - please let me know!

i'll have a go at designing some kinda page layout if i get some time, just to get some ideas what people want and don't want

i'm not amazingly good at this kinda thing, but i prefer the simple uncluttered look, also would cost less to print i imagine

i could do the design have all the software and am a graphic designer.

I think a 2008 calander is the best option.

Let me know if you want me to do it. Also could you email me the pics that were voted for. High/ low res. Also names of the owners would be good too.

Aye, if either/both of you could that would be tip-top.

I'm not gonna be home until Sunday now, but will email you guys the relevant pics (CF logos and fonts are in Forum Announcements I think).

If you could do maybe a front cover and an example month of the calendar, then we can pick which one we like?

Any update on this?

I had a really good calendar made up for the Mrs at xmas, using pics of our dog. Was a good price, can add whatever you want, including pictures on specific dates throughout too. http://www.snapfish.com

I'll try to get some pics of it later, as I cant do it from work.

Any update on this?

I had a really good calendar made up for the Mrs at xmas, using pics of our dog. Was a good price, can add whatever you want, including pictures on specific dates throughout too. http://www.snapfish.com

hmm.. i suppose pics of your dog would be better than nothing for this year.. are they still available?

right here is a version.

the small images at the bottom would be other pics of the persons car, maybe close up arty shots.

Each page of the calender would be in different colours to represent the month. they would be spiral bound at the top. The size is 240mm x 240mm.

Feedback welcomed

Any update on this?

hmm.. i suppose pics of your dog would be better than nothing for this year.. are they still available?

I can do better than that ;)

This is some idea of what you can do.

First one is the cover, you can have any title and caption (to & bottom).

Second is a month, and a caption. Again whatever you like.

Third is a day in that month. You can add calendar dates, such as all the events throughout the year, and put them on the calendar, and you can add a picture to go with it as I have done here :lol:

£14.99 each. Theyre not brilliant, but may be a good starter for 10??

matthewb1985,

Like the design - any chance you could put together a version with space for actually writing stuff on too for each date? Kind of a combination of your design and the format that Stan 24v has got? I guess it depends if people want a calendar just to put on the wall or to use for writing dates in etc.

Look forward to getting one whichever the result!

Cheers

Phil

Cool stuff so far and yeah, I agree with having somewhere to write events and wotnot and also that they'll be considerably cheaper to get printed :)

This was the 1st draft im gonna work on it some more.

I was thnking of having important show dates & holiday dates on it thats the next step.

dinkus do you have high res pics without the uploading mark?

Just PM'd you one :)

Edit: Gah - too big for PM, will email it to you instead :)

Edit edit: Gah, PM me your email and I'll send it to you...

well here is the latest version. Added show dates for the month.

Underneath that would be important holiday dates e.g. christmas, bank holidays.