Sign in to follow this  
LisaK

Project Shadow - NEW ROLLING ROAD RESULTS Pg8 and VIDEO!!

Got the pics for you Lisa its actually better than i thought. Its a little rusty as its been sat about and the scratches are due to it been moved around in a big box of spares.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfOld Phone Card 006.jpg[/attachment:2yecap1f]

Corrado92.pdfOld Phone Card 007.jpg[/attachment:2yecap1f]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfOld Phone Card 008.jpg[/attachment:2yecap1f]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfOld Phone Card 009.jpg[/attachment:2yecap1f]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfOld Phone Card 011.jpg[/attachment:2yecap1f]

Old Phone Card 012.jpg[/attachment:2yecap1f]

Do you need it all or just the spring thingy.

It's 10x better nick than mine is! You say it's only a few years old as well? I'll have the whole thing please as I'm sure the triangular metal bit on mine is just as rusty and knackered as the spring and damper. Sort it out over PM save clogging up my thread? :)

Well, I went in to my local VW stealership today and ordered a new header tank and cap - thought I'd get original parts as I don't want to mess around having to go back and forth to GSF if the connector on the tank is rubbish. I started off by correcting the parts guy that G60s were only made up to 1992 (to which he admitted that I knew more than he does about Corrados :lol:) and told him the engine code... he then gave me a discount without me asking for one :D Must be my new haircut... :luvlove: :clap: They'll arrive Tuesday but I'm in no great rush for them. I also bought the above alternator springy-whatsit from Simon (junkie) so that should be arriving soonish.

When the weather gets a bit warmer and I have some time off I'll be pulling bits of my engine apart, cleaning bits up and replacing the coolant hoses and header tank :)

Until then, I have bought something similar to this:

KTAPEpsf.jpg

But what for? :D

A couple of non-drastic updates:

I received the above spring bit from Junkie as well as a few other bits that I wanted and some I didn't at Spring Fest, so thanks Simon :) I found a decent condition standard airbox also at Spring Fest for £20 incl the air hose so I was happy about that :) I'm hoping to get some time off in June, maybe July, so I can rip the front off of the C and start replacing the standard coolant hoses for my Samcos (hopefully I'll have Samco boost hoses by then as well), replace the header tank for a brand new one and generally give the old girl a good clean up. Oh and maybe a sneaky fmic (but I'll definitely need man-help with that one!).

Stuff actually done to the car: all red rears (sprayed, not the lamin-x things and no pics as i'm sure you know what they look like by now), new stereo and an "interesting" pin stripe around the rims...

I'm getting bored with how my C looks, mainly because I HATE the alloys that are on there - I think they are too big (I prefer 16" to 17") and although they are narrow, they have an offset of et15 which makes them stick out and they are ripping my tyres and rear arches to shreds which is why I can't lower it anymore. I'm on the lookout for some new rims but thought I'd give the TDs a bit of a new look in the meantime. Personally, I think it looks gash but I've had mixed opinions from friends and family. It's only stick-on pin-stripe tape so it'll peel off in seconds.

Feel free to air your opinions :)

Sponge bob rules!!!! Have one living in my C too! :D

He's meant to be a smelly air freshener one - he's lost his smell but I won't take him out :)

Sponge bob rules!!!! Have one living in my C too! :D

He's meant to be a smelly air freshener one - he's lost his smell but I won't take him out :)

Mine too....he talks to me.....ROFL

Personally i don't like the alloys.They're a bit much.Sorry just my opinion.

Liking sponge bob tho. :)

Did you not read what I wrote? I said I think they look gash so don't apologise :lol:

Personally i don't like the alloys.They're a bit much.Sorry just my opinion.

Liking sponge bob tho. :)

Did you not read what I wrote? I said I think they look gash so don't apologise :lol:

yeah,but it is ok for you to say that coz it's your car.

I felt bad saying that your wheels look a bit Michael Knight. :)

Anyway will lookk forward to seeing what you do with it.

[shameless plug]

I might have some 15" Borbet C's for sale soon.

I think they would look great on your car

[/shamless plug]

:thumbleft:

Whatever wheels you get you need to keep that menace to society look going on.

I think i have this the right way round but if you have a low ET on the wheels and you like the wheels apart from where they sit in the arch, why not get the mounting faces turned down to raise the ET so they sit slightly further into the arch and you can then lower it some more?

Whatever wheels you get you need to keep that menace to society look going on.

I think i have this the right way round but if you have a low ET on the wheels and you like the wheels apart from where they sit in the arch, why not get the mounting faces turned down to raise the ET so they sit slightly further into the arch and you can then lower it some more?

yoda.jpg

The man, sense he speaks...

Sure BJV will be able to do this, or I'll have some 16's you can try soon :ignore:

Maybe try some different coloured tapes on them see how you feel?

Or just paint them ORANGE! :lol:

Yea good idea actually Jon, sun burnt orange wheels and milled down to sit in more then black tape to make them look like 16's :norty:

The man, sense he speaks...

Sure BJV will be able to do this, or I'll have some 16's you can try soon :ignore:

Maybe try some different coloured tapes on them see how you feel?

Or just paint them ORANGE! :lol:

Yeah, go KTM orange! I'm not going to any more so you have my permission. :D

Off with the crap Team Dynamic Pro Race alloys with a silly offset.

On go the ABT rims with a teeny bit of tyre stretch plus about 90mm lower on the coilies than standard :D