Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

How have you secured your sub box/amps down

Hello

I am hoping to do a basic build this weekend. Just wondering how people have secured their amps/subs down?

I dont want to drill holes in the car really to screw it down and I dont think velcro is enough in an accident.

Any other ideas/photos would be great.

Thanks

There's a threaded stud sticking out of the left-hand side of the boot... that's how my Audioscape box is held in place.

i made up a false floor in 2 pieces out of mdf and carpeted and screwed the box to one side allowing the other side to be lifted to get in the well

Screwed the amps to the back of the rear seat, and used an audioscape sub box (threaded bolt as Dinkus mentioned above).

Although I haven't done anything about this in my Corrado yet (the mots still a way off) In my other cars I used a ratchet strap on the rear seat mounts. Not pretty, but after putting an Astra on its roof with the sub going through the back window and the amp wedging itself between my head restraint and the roof I don't care about looks. Are these Audioscape boxs shaped especially for the C?

Yeah they are - they fit under neath the parcel shelf support on the left-hand side of the boot. Aint no way they're going anywhere, regardless of which way up the car is.

word of warning dont do what some member of this forum did (shall remain nameless) and stick a self tapper straight through the spare wheel well and into the fuel tank!

Quite shocking really!

How about Velro? My Vibe sub came with velco strips on the bottom. You maybe thinking VELCRO ARE YOU MAD!??? but believe me it did its job, worked a treat with the boot carpet. Didnt slide around at all.

Another shout for Velcro, The stuff just wont slide. and it is easy to shift about if you need to get to the spare.

However think it was on here some time ago when a bloke sent in some pics of a smash he had where his boxes came through his windscreen :shock: :shock: :shock: