Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Roof Dents and I'm not happy

Was polishing the car tonight to find another 2 dents on my roof which is now 3 in total! They are about an inch in diameter.

Where are these coming from??

The car is either parked at my work or the house and only does a few mile a day so it isn't left sitting anywhere for people to be hanging around it or even throwing things at it for that matter!

I am getting the car resprayed very soon but thought I could get away with leaving the roof....not now though.....not happy :(

Lol. I actually have a golf ball dent in my bonnet. Trust me, you'd notice that pretty quickly.

no golf courses close enough ! and I think that a cat would be too light on its feet to cause these....there are none on the bonnet anyway.

anyway tried one of these dent suckers? just wondering if that might work

no golf courses close enough ! and I think that a cat would be too light on its feet to cause these....there are none on the bonnet anyway.

dents guys are great.. we use "dings and dents" in bristol, the guys are genius's.

what sort of price do you think i would be looking at for the dent guys to sort the roof?

Just wondering if it would work out at about the same price to get the roof included in the respray and get it sorted then.

Also....anyone close to the Glasgow area who could recommend a dent removal company?

Thanks

dents guys are great.. we use "dings and dents" in bristol, the guys are genius's.

dont suppose you have the number for them as I have a dent in my bonnet that needs sorting

Foggystorm, website is http://www.dingsanddents.co.uk/ im getting the number of the guy we use tommorrow for someone else, so will let you know when i have it.

im gonna ask him if he'd be interested in doing a group buy type arrangement where local people can meet up and all get stuff sorted at the same time. gotta be worth a try if there enough people interested.

you dont park your car under an oak tree or similar? i have a few dents in my corrado and its the only place i think they could have come from.

Jules, it might be scant consolation right now, but for what it's worth, the 'rado looks mint. Perfect looking drop, gorgeous alloys and can't go wrong with black!

I know photos never show up the imperfections (or dents!) but from here it doesn't look like it needs a respray!

If it does, God knows what that means for mine.

G60SC_Stoney, There is a tree quite near my car but only leaves fall from that one, but there is a chestnut tree across the road. Unless kids have been throwing them, its the only other thing I can think of!

Mr Sands, Thanks for your comments on the car, to be honest you have cheered my up a bit, cos right now I am really disheartened with it, and have been thinking of selling it, but there is nothing else that I really would like to buy....other than a Golf R32, but thats not in my budget right now. lol

It is needing a new exhaust due to the baffles going in the middle box, there is rust on the rear arch, including dings on both doors and a huge one on the drivers door due to a hit and run in Asda car park.

The alloys are also badly pitted, and was never really happy with the quality of them, so they will now be used for winter wheels once I can decide on which new alloys to go for.

Feeling better now I moaned for a bit there lol

Jules, stick with it. You know it'll be worth it in the end to drive a car with soul.

Glad I cheered you up...like I say, looks lovely.

I tried one of them dent sucker efforts once. The darn thing stuck so fast to the bodywork i couldn't pull it off. Nearly had to reside myself to the fact i had a new styling mod stuck to the car. Had to slide it off in the end.

i had dents in my roof once, they kept appearing, ended up with loads, like 20 odd, all about 1 inch circles

i never found out what caused them, i thought maybe a cat jumping off my garage?

had them fixed and its never happened since.

bizarre