Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Road Angel Compact -

Was at the VW & Mini show today up at Stonleigh with other folks from the CCGB. Was the first year they'd thrown open the show to VW enthusiasts and unfortunately there were really not that many dubs there! But still it was a nice day and we sat about and chatted, and watched the world go by.

But was chuffed to bits when I went to a trade stand selling some ex VAG stock, to see Road Angel Compacts for £10.. I thought it was a mis pricing or there was some sort of catch but no.. they were all up at a tenner but this was the last one as he had unsurprisingly sold out of the rest very promptly.

£10 parted with and now own a Road Angel Compact - was still sealed in its box, registered ok and activated with 6 months of free updates. These go for £100+ on eBay new and £60 2nd hand.. still not quite sure what the "catch" was but chuffed all the same! Was not going to buy one of these as I want to get some sat nav eventually but at that price! It'd be rude not to!

Great result Jim. Nothing like a bargain in the Corrado world!

Quite literally usually!

Well, that's interesting - I didn't know it was open to VWs as well, my mate asked me if I wanted to go (as he's really into Mini's), but I passed it up as I was busy at home.

I guess it's old stock that either had to be paid to be removed or they could sell it on.

Nice one tho! :D

if the item is over age is goes into obselete stock and basically gets written off my dealership and they can sell it on for as much as they want or can get for it.

thats why you get alot of genuine unsed vag stuff on ebay where people have bought over age parts from dealers for bugger all and sell it on at profit.

Well, that's interesting - I didn't know it was open to VWs as well, my mate asked me if I wanted to go (as he's really into Mini's), but I passed it up as I was busy at home.

Chris and I later on went to see the organiser, who having paid a cool 30k for the hall we were in, was faced with hoards of sad day visiters wanting refunds due to the lack of VWs on display instead of getting themselves organised like we did, and get their cars on display.

Anyway, we thanked the organiser, who in turn thanked us for having the only clubstand out of a rather long list, but almost everyone bar us decided to drop out, some right at the last minute (night before).

Due to this however, I was really chuffed to get a Mk1 Rocco driver side front wing and door both in rather good nick and for an attractive price to keep as spares for my baby :-)

Tempest

Anyway, we thanked the organiser, who in turn thanked us for having the only clubstand out of a rather long list, but almost everyone bar us decided to drop out, some right at the last minute (night before).

I'm surprised to many folks there dropped out. The irony of it all was, despite it being predominantly a mini show, there THAT many traders there that were was probably more VW related trade stuff than i've seen at the majority of VW only shows. Guys selling the full range of Autoglym cleaning gear at decent prices, the chap selling the ex VAG dealer stock (where I got the Road Angel) and the chaps from that VW breakers in Peterborough.

Hopefully more VW owners will get their act together and come over to the show. I thought the atmosphere was good and the venue was nice and central. What more do you want?!