Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Like the concept but not the price

Lifted from Autocar

Is it a car, a plane or a motorbike? We're not quite sure, but its maker claims that it's a bit of all three; you're looking at the Acabion GTBO, a motorbike-engined, aeroplane-inspired 'vehicle'. A peculiar mix of Swiss and British engineering, Italian design and American dragster components, it’s the creation of Swiss engineer Dr Peter Maskus.

Underneath the ultra-streamlined carbonfibre body is a 1.3-litre Suzuki Hayabusa motorbike engine, with a turbocharger and strengthened internal components made by US hot-rod builders. Acabion claims it can produce up to 700bhp, and is capable propelling the GTBO to speeds of up to 342mph.

And it’s a hybrid. Two small electric motors take over to propel the car when parking or manouevring at low speeds, although they don’t contribute to powering the car at higher speeds.

The whole thing weighs 370kg unladen, which helps to give the car another remarkable set of figures – fuel consumption of just 70.62mpg at 62mph. Equally remarkable is the proposed price: if you want one of the 26 cars Acabion says it will produce between now and 2011, it will cost you £1,260,000.

Heh, cool but a little on the pricey side! :lol:

The stabiliser wheels look a bit crap, but that's some good going with the engine! 700bhp from a 1.3!?!

300bhp from a 1.3!?!

Dont you mean 700bhp??? :wink: :lol:

The GP bikes are 250bhp from 800cc engines naturally aspirated so a 1.3 hayabusa engine with a huge turbo should kick out some serious power!!!

Stupid price. Pah, give me some 2x2, fiberglass, perspex and a crashed Hayabusa and access to a scrappy and I'll build you one for £10k!! :lol:

i dont think I'd fancy doing 342mph in that!

The stabiliser wheels look a bit crap

I had some like that on my spiderman bike when i was 3!

dont think I'd fancy doing 342mph in that!

it would be like driving a missile, if you hit something, you'd either blow up or go right through it :lol: 50:50 chance....not too bad i suppose!

wonder what the turning circle is? at 300mph probably a whole country, if you dont get into orbit first.