Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

How to remove the plastic door sill trim?

The C is going in for a full respray next month and I want to take of the outer plastic door sill protectors. Is this easy enough to do?

I dont know the answer to the question but look forward to seeing the results...

PM on root ..

They're just stuck on, so come off with a heat gun/hair drier. The sticky stuff on them isn't re-usable, but you can just use trim tape instead.

Alternatively, you can still get the "Corrado" ones new from VAG (535 853 813 A 01C sill panel scuff plate with 2 39.74

satin black)

But they are £20+VAT each :?

Or if you want DDI so some really, really nice aluminium ones.

Just so you are sure of what you are getting. Apologies if you know this...

The 'Corrado' ones are not the hard plain plastic runner as on later models but a thin plastic, so thin it comes rolled up.

Just so you are sure of what you are getting. Apologies if you know this...

The 'Corrado' ones are not the hard plain plastic runner as on later models but a thin plastic, so thin it comes rolled up.

Mine are the later rigid type. Are these held on by the same method?

The 'rigid' ones are held on by 2 or 3 strips of very sticky stuff. You just have to heat them up, get an edge unstuck (or if like mine were the edges are unstuck anyway from years of grime) and pull...hard.

How hard you pull or how gently you get them off depends on whether you want to clean them up and restick them.

The early 'corrado' logo runners have a sticky coating over all the back. Backing tape comes off in 3 strips to make it slightly easier to stick them down neatly but they can be carefully unstuck and religned if you go wonky so long as you haven't stuck them down too firmly to start with. Air bubbles under them is also a bit of a nightmare.

But the early thin ones look sexier ;)

and that is why you are a pervet :p

From the man that sells ladies clothing on ebay... :lol:

if going through your bins, taking pictures of you with a telephoto lens and selling your used under crackers on ebay can be defined as stalking.....

Is this helping me remove my plastic door trim......................... :lol: :lol: