Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

New M3 price announced

I wonder how the standard spec on both compares? BM and Audi are renowned for having a vast and eye watering array of options.

yeah, they announced this a couple of weeks ago. really made me laugh, that's a lot of cash!!!

a collegue who loves his current M3 said he'd really like one, I wouldn't though.

that's super car money

Jesus.. thats a lot of cash for a 3 series, regardless of how special it is.

You can buy a year or two old M5 for the same sort of money.. and I know what i'd rather drive! :)

Alot of money i agree, but i bet its an awesome car.. BMW quality and big performance is never going to be cheap....

how much are the m6 holding value at - bet there not far off, not the same driving experience but still 500 gee gees

Much rather have an RS4 for the money or two TVR Cerbera's

Yeah you need two TVR `s because one will always be broken down :!: :lol: :lol:

or two TVR Cerbera's

exactly what I was thinking

what are the servicing costs like for beemers? i know audi prices can be horrific.

the BMW garage my mate uses (in Essex) is actually cheaper than VW (in Oxford). But his car fell apart just after he bought it (well, it was all of 3 years old!!!!) so he's had one hell of a running bill over the last few months. Brakes, clutch, even the wheels had corroded. Both the two guys who own new(ish) 3 series in my office had to have the rear wheels replaced as they were just corroding away, amusing when you see my C parted next to them, with his tidy 14 year old Speedies on :lol:

There was a real outcry about 12 months ago when BMW more than doubled the cost of extended warranties on all M series cars, seem to remember a typical 1 year warranty on an M3 is now about 2k - probably tells you a lot about running costs, most warranty providers work on a 90% loss ratio (ie on a 2k warranty they would expect to pay out about 1.8k).

still would love an e30 m3 but not sure what the parts costs are like. can only assume a good bit more than the parts for corrados

Problem with virtually all concept cars is that only certain elements ever reach reality in a production car and even then they're usually watered down. Only Alfa with the 8C Compezione, Chrysler and GM seem to have the bottle to take concept cars and make them production reality

£50K! That's more than I was expecting....

At the end of the day, the M3 (and 3 series in general) is BMW's most important car and the M3 has more than enough loyal fans who will pay what ever BMW ask.

I suspect a lot of the cost is to recoup development of the V8, even if it is just the V10 minus 2 cylinders...... but it weighs 15Kg less than the outgoing 6 cylinder M motor, which is an impressive fete of engineering in itself.

Glad to see BMW's return to turbocharging too. I wonder if an M car will ever get a blower tho?

Quite! Would very much like to take a spin in one of the new 335i's... they look like they REALLY shift!