Sign in to follow this  
leon263

Corrado roof rails

Just bought a VR6 Corrado and like every other one I've ever seen the rubber inserts in the roof rails have perished and all but disappeared. Is there any quick fix other than replacing the whole rail and if not where is the best place to obtain the rails? I remember pricing them for a previous car and I think they were about £80 a side from my local dealer. Any suggestions welcome.

Its a common problem - Mine are not too bad at the moment but gonna do replace them some time too.

There is a guy on e-bay that is knocking them out regularly at c£85 a pair and you can also get them from ARZ Tuning (German) who have a v good website. Similiar kind of price I think but varies according to exchange rate.

I think GPC do them at £70odd a pair

You can trim the inner edge off them (the bit that starts to crumble) and they look fine.

P.S - Use the search :)

ou can trim the inner edge off them (the bit that starts to crumble) and they look fine

the stanley knife is your friend!

You can trim the inner edge off them (the bit that starts to crumble) and they look fine.

P.S - Use the search :)

What's the result, dirt trap?

I trimmed mine (roof rails that is) and it looks spot on. Did it in winter and haven't noticed any problems so far. I certainly don't think its worth forking out £70+ without first trimming them to see what they look like.