Sign in to follow this  
JayGT

JVC AVX Range

i had an avx1, awsome peice of kit. screen quality was psp clear and watchable even being so small. Thought the buttons felt a little tacky though.

However the avx 2 seems much better made and loads more features and you can get for 294 on line now from newimagecarhifi.co.uk and id recommend them too.

havnt seen the avx33 though?

Also can anyone vouch for this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=009

Dont see why i should pay 300 quid for the JVC Freeview equivalent!!

yep i have one in the c, the only problems i have with it are the crappy magmount antenna that comes with it,

firstly it looks crap and will scratch your paint, you will need a booster (i use a battery powered one from maplin) and it will be pretty useless on the move, although on the motorway the digital radio reception seemed ok,

you can get a combined bosch tv and fm antenna that looks almost the same as the original but has 2 whips on it but that is very expensive even if you can find one.

or you can use a diversity antenna, these are usually comprised of 2 or 4 elements that you stick to the inside of the rear quarter glass.

apart from that the picture is as good as can be expected through composite and the sound seems pretty good, it also has tetris and brickout games built into it.

Cheers for that coolrado..

Just bought that one & it comes with a 20db antenna which "he recommends for best reception"

I dont really fancy sticking that big magnetic antenna onto my paint work!!

So using this i'll have DAB as well then?

So using this i'll have DAB as well then?

Its not actually DAB radio, as far as i know it uses the DVB-T carrier, they are the same radio stations you get on your home digibox, and as far as i know the audio is more compressed than DAB radio.

Im sure Henny could explain it better as i think he works in this field. :scratch:

DVB and DAB are both compressed to buggery, so won't make much difference which you're listening to...

I see... as in quality won't be that good Dinkus?

It's only for the car so it doesnt have to be perfect but I'm just trying to get an idea as to what quality i can expect! :D

Probably getting this little lot fitted over the weekend.

Dinkus will the 20db antenna make a big difference?

DVB and DAB are both compressed to buggery, so won't make much difference which you're listening to...

Sigh, yet another example of "digital just good enough" replacing FM "really fucking good if you get good kit" ..

Get your point dr_mat. To be honest i got this little lot for a price too good to say no. If it's not as good as i'd like, FM will do!

Probably getting this little lot fitted over the weekend.

Dinkus will the 20db antenna make a big difference?

Er no idea... more signal probalby won't hurt tho :) With digitial you've either got it or you haven't so after a point it doesn't matter how big your aerial is... unless you go overloading the receiver, but you'd need a massive antenna to do that :lol:

Sigh, yet another example of "digital just good enough" replacing FM "really **** good if you get good kit" ..

Yup. But then let's be honest - FM isn't all that great anyway, especially when you consider most radio stations compress (analogue) the broadcast a lot anyway...

HDTV has a chance of possibly being quite good though...

FM off Radios 3 or 4 is very good. Radio1 and all the local stations are only playing from compressed sources anyway (and then feeding it through a "compressor" ironically).

Still, DAB is perfect for in-car use.

more head units should have bluetooth, very useful