Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Jezzer for Transport Secretary?

I think Clarkson is absolutely brilliant, but I can't think of anyone else who'd be LESS suited for the job of transport secretary.

He genuinely doesn't give a rats ass about environmental issues and I think we'd be naive to think that we don't need to worry about it in the slightest..

He boasts about big mercs and loving SUV's etc.. really not the kinda guy i'd like in charge to be honest!

That just goes to show how rediculous these e-petitions are getting.

What started as in principle being a good idea to make the government aware of the true issues that bug us mere humble citizens has now just become a joke.

With petitions like that, who's still going to take them serious, let alone which overpayed, underworked, selfish politician?

Shame really, as towards the beginning of these e-petitions, there were actually a few good ideas worth signing for.

Tempest

What started as in principle being a good idea to make the government aware of the true issues that bug us mere humble citizens has now just become a joke.

With petitions like that, who's still going to take them serious, let alone which overpayed, underworked, selfish politician?

Shame really, as towards the beginning of these e-petitions, there were actually a few good ideas worth signing for.

I 100% agree, my girlfriend is currently part of the group of independant midwives who are petitioning the government to stop them making independant midwifery effectively illegal (which would mean even more load on the already over stretched and understaffed hospitals, plus my girlfriend losing her job/being sued/arrested!) and its pointless petitions like this that will mean the government don't take the worthwhile issues seriously. :mad:

Sorry Jon, know you're a mate and don't mean to rant in your thread but this a bit to close to my heart to keep quiet.

Sorry Jon, know you're a mate and don't mean to rant in your thread but this a bit to close to my heart to keep quiet.

NP Mic, just slung it up to help put a smile on peoples faces about a rediculous idea (much like my Hamster idea)....

Ok guys a challenge...How about a "most ridiculous e-petition Friday"?

Agreed, it's ridiculous. :?

i might petition against silly petitions

And then i will petition against petitions against silly petitions :lol:

He genuinely doesn't give a rats ass about environmental issues

Of course he does. Even I have a very small interest in where the environment is heading.....even if my own beliefs about it differ. He's Bulshy, arrogant and simplistic deliberately as he knows that's what makes him popular to the majority of his audience....but underneath the facade he's a decent, 'normal' bloke.

He boasts about big mercs and loving SUV's etc.. really not the kinda guy i'd like in charge to be honest!

And he has every right to, that's what interests him. He's like other petrol heads....just trying to enjoy his cars whilst he still can, because if things carry on as they are now, EVERYTHING will be banned by 2020 and the human race will revert back to the Ice age again in order to protect the planet we broke in the first place :roll:

It's OK for Prescott to have 2 Jags though..... but because he has no interest in cars, he doesn't get lambasted for enjoying burning petrol at an astronomical rate like Jezzer does.

It's OK for Prescott to have 2 Jags though..... but because he has no interest in cars, he doesn't get lambasted for enjoying burning petrol at an astronomical rate like Jezzer does.

I don't agree with that slob having 2 Jags mate.. believe me!

As I said mate, I think Jezzer is a top bloke and more power to him for having worked his way up to his current status to be able to afford Ford GT's and Lambo Gallardo's.. just, being on topic and all that, don't think he'd be much cop in the position that was being suggested :)

I don't agree with that slob having 2 Jags mate.. believe me!

As I said mate, I think Jezzer is a top bloke and more power to him for having worked his way up to his current status to be able to afford Ford GT's and Lambo Gallardo's.. just, being on topic and all that, don't think he'd be much cop in the position that was being suggested :)

Dunno, he'd ban all Vauxhalls from the roads.. thereby freeing up the middle/outside lanes of most of our motorways.... :lol: