Sign in to follow this  
craziscot

R32 Gear Box

Bit of an out there one......

I've been looking into a 6 speed gear box of late, obviously there are the usual options, quaiffe or Gemini......much cost involved.

I've found some information suggesting that it is possible to fit an R32 6 speed gear box to a corrado with the correct adaptors and a few other bits and bobs.

Has anyone done this, know of anyone who has?

Id also be interested in any answers to this question as im considering a gearbox upgrade also.

i dnt think you can fit it to a four cylinder engine AFAIK.....you may better of lukin into the TDi 6 speed box...hope this helps.....but id be intrested to see wot others have to say....im no sure if you can split the box from the bellhousing and use the raddo bell housing...just a thought

I am by no means an expert or know what I'm talking about, but I'm under the impression that the R32 box will fit onto a 12v VR, but the driveshafts are a different size, thus you need to change them as well... which would also mean you need to change the front hubs.

So not a trivial task unless you get some bastardised driveshafts made up that were R32 size on one end and Corrado size on 't other...

There are almost certainly other issues you'd need to overcome too tho.

id be intrested where this thread goes as i wanted to fit the box to my ralllye runnin a vr lump....think that case it will fit onto the block but drive flanges are diff for sure.....has no one done this conv to a vr yet?

I know I can source a "kit" which will provide a new VR6 sized bell housing, R32 gear box mounting frame, hydraulic clutch conversion plus some CNC machined bits and bobs.

Just wondering if anyone had proved this a viable setup.............

Yeah, when I said the gearbox will fit - I meant it'll fit to the VR block - no idea about mounting it to the car tho.

I believe the R32 box is the 02M.

Here's a brilliant thread that may interest you ;-)

It's not a straight forward job by the look of it, but worthwhile considering how much torque it can handle.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2633108

The Gemini gearboxes haven't been available for some time, but the Eurospec kits are very similar and I know Gemini had dealings with Eurospec before they sold out to Ricardo.

http://www.eurospecsport.com/introduction.htm

Thats what Im using on my corrado,first time on the road today.

I had some driveshafts made up for around £500

My prob being is Im breaking a bora 4motion & I dont know how much trouble would it be to 4wd it?

Oh by the by Ill have a 6 speed gearbox available if anyone wants one?