Sign in to follow this  
Standard

My first ever VW...

Right then...

This is my first ever post and I'm gonna use it to show you guys what I have bought for my £1700. It's not a minter but the body is generally in good condition and it has apparantly only done 62k...

But I have only had it for a week or so and while it runs fine it is reluctant to start now (it kind of half ticks over then stops, normally starts 1st time if i feather the accelerator though) and the electric mirrors don't work at all (but tbf I havent even checked the fuses yet).

16vCorrado2.jpg

16vCorrado4.jpg

16vCorrado5.jpg

16vCorrado3.jpg

16vCorrado1.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pictures but I took them in a rush and havent really had any time to take anymore since.

Hope you like. 8)

See you've registered then ;)

Nice rado, like I said, great buy if that's genuine miles!

Hi mate, looks like it could be a good buy :)

The mirror problem could be just the switch, they need a good douse in contact cleaner every now and then as they end up getting wet.

Have fun with it anyhow!

Are you Standard off barryboys? :D

I'm really good mates with a few members- mainly the_thing. Ace guy, known him since I bought his old G off him.

She looks in pretty good condition, not a fan of the wheels though

Mave - Yup... I registered. :)

filofilsem - I am! (am I gonna get lynched on here now that you've mentioned that? :wink:)

The wheels weren't my choice, it's just that they were already on the car when I bought it. I'd prefer something with a bit more metal on 'em tbh... I don't think they look awful, just that there are better looking alloys out there imo.

Looks like a bargain, especially if the miles are genuine, there is a guide on here about fixing elec' mirrors in the knowledge base.

I'm not sure if its five or four stud wheels, it could just be the centre cap giving you that impression, I'll check it when I can (I have just popped it down to http://www.vwrescue.co.uk to get the starter motor sorted on it).

On a J-plate it should be 4 stud shouldn't it?

If it's a valver it should be, the only rados that have 5 stud as standard are Vr6's