S2TopView.jpg

S2SideView.jpg

S2LeMans.jpg

S2waxedrecarosMedium.jpg

Far from stock, as you may well be able to see-

ABY engine'd Audi S2, 1994

58k miles

Engine

2226cc ABY block, ADU (RS2) head and valves, JE Forged pistons with 7.8:1 comp ratio, 750cc Injectors, 7A exhaust cam and RS2 inlet cam, 034 Inlet Manifold, RS2 water pump, twin RS2 fuel pumps, S1 Replica manifold, S1 Replica throttle body, SS304 custom full exhaust with no cats, KKK29/30 hybrid turbocharger, 600x275x65mm intercooler, Sport Quattro sensors, MRC remap and a few more slightly minor tweaks.

At the moment running a little shy of 400bhp, been having some minor problems with the car that should be rectified soon. Few bits of ABT C5 gear have come out, and am waiting for a few new parts to go in, including a rather large Garrett GT35, larger intercooler and 1200cc flow-matched Bosch gear. Unfortunately getting the other gear needed to take so much power is proving somewhat a challenge.

Drivetrain

Standard ADU 6-speed gearbox, 4-puck metallic clutch, single mass 3B flywheel, RS2 axels and hubs, Short-shift kit, V8 TorSen differentials, uprated engine mounts.

Chassis

Bilsen PSR-9 coilovers and KW Variante 2 springs, Powerflex bushes, Neuspeed RARB and RS2 FARB, 18x8.5" BBS Le Mans alloys with Toyo T888's in 245x35x18" fitment, Porsche 996 Carrera 4-piston monoblock front calipers/RS4 345mm disks and Porsche 978 Boxter 4-piston monoblock rear calipers/330mm TT disks, RS4 master cylinder, braided lines.

Exterior

RS2 clear indicators, RS2 front bumper, RS2 bi-Xenon conversion, RS2 Grille, VW Aero wipers

Interior

Recaro Speed seats, Carbon Fibre dash trim, RS2 gear knob, wheel, pedals and handbrake, Plasma Gagues with VDO boost gague, 3.5" Blaupunkt sat-nav head unit, Blaupunkt speakers.

very nice indeed! would love to have something like that one day 8)

I like to think of the S2 and Coupé Quattro as what an AWD Corrado would be like.

I've even considered removing the rear wing in favour of a power spoiler and bootlid design cribbed from a Corrado, as well as toyed with the idea of running a much wider offset and Corrado arches.

Im nursing a semi!! :shock: that is absolutely stunning i love it! I must own one of these one day. I think you are right, i also see these as an AWD corrado. Any interior and engine bay shots?

Nice bit of kit there, looked at one of these when I was after my C but it was way out of my price range at the time. Seriously quick in standard form though so as Cnut, said yours must shift!

Lovely car.. remeber I was after a coupe b4 I eventually went for a rado... love to own an S2 oneday...

Blimey that interior is very 'corrado like' although a bit better imo 8) and VERY clean!

What recaros have you got? Proper ones for the car or some aftermarket ones?

Black leather Recaro Speed's with blue logoing, bought second hand from a mate who ran them on an RS4 Avant. They are aftermarket jobbies; she used to run RS2 Avant recaros but these are comfier and more supporting, not to mention fully electric!

I think I'm in love. Would love one of these as my next car.

so nice!! would also love one! seems to be a common consensus amongst rado owners by the looks of things! nice work, i like whats been done to it..a lot!

Just ordered a Bosch high-pressure fuel pump from 034. Thinking of running a paralell system with the two original RS2 pumps on a backup circuit, it depends if I can be bothered/can figure out an easy way of doing it/can persuade someone to wire it for me.

Verdi rods finally came from Norway as well. Good for 700lb ft so shouldn't have too much of a problem.

personally i prefer my corrado seats. the S2 ones are too flat. im gonna change mine too.

the driving position is higher with a better view as the pillars are thinner. the shell is more flexy on the s2 also especially towards the rear. in the wet these cars are great. in the dry they feel a bit heavy.

i like those rims. im running bbs RSII 2 piece on mine. she's standard at the moment though. await my porsche GT2 6 pots to start on the slipery slope.

Gorgeous looking car and engine bay there.

Somewhat strange though - in that an ABY engined S2 (as yours is) doesn't have its battery under the bonnet.

But surely as the owner, you'd know that.

Which also kinda leads me on to the fact that I know the chap whose engine that really belongs to. And its not you!

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4476

Why?