Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

Can anyone recommend TEIN suspension

I've had a search here and on the vortex and noone seems to be running these, anyone got any experience of them?

EDIT: the super street setup in particular

TEIN stuff looks really good, but there weren't any coilovers for VWs when I looked, being mainly for Jap cars, but looks like they've finally gotten round to other brands.

My mate had the SuperStreets on his MR2 turbo and said they were very hard, although I didn't experience it myself to confirm.

Might be worth viewing a few jap forums to get some ideas?

Yeah good thinking Kev, they all say they're good kit but there's also a TEIN drift kit which most of the Jap boys have - which I definitely DO NOT want :lol:

It might be safer to stick to tried and tested brands that VW owners tend to use...... but there's always that nagging curiousity in the back of your mind, like "What if the TEINs are really really good and I'm missing out?"

seems a bit of a moot point now lol - they don't do the super street kit for a Corrado :oops:

Probably not.....MK3 and MK4 Golfs only I bet!

It's easier for the C VR6 as you just fit MK3 VR stuff if Corrado specific not available..... not sure about valver Corrados, they must share parts with MK2s and MK3s?

It might be safer to stick to tried and tested brands that VW owners tend to use...... but there's always that nagging curiousity in the back of your mind, like "What if the TEINs are really really good and I'm missing out?"

ha ha yeah exactly that Kev, if I'm going to pay the money out on quality kit I want it to be the best

(i was also tempted by the in-car adjustable damping :D )

Teins are OK but quite a few failed when I was on the SXOC.com when I had my S14A. Generally their quality seems pretty good though. The Superstreets are their cheapest one and do not have an adjustable spring platform, that is to say the only way to adjust ride height is to adjust the preload which isn't ideal. The more gucci ones have ride height and preload adjustable separately. I've been in a mates old RX7 with more expensive Teins though and the ride was very good.