Sign in to follow this  
Leavon

Calling all Diavia Air-con owners...

yet again I'm trying to fix my blower, for a while it's only worked on 4 so I bought the thermal fuse to try the usual fix but fell at the first hurdle when the fan unit didn't look anything like the ones in the DIY guide and there was no external evidence of a resistor pack. So I put the job off until yesterday when I put the fan on to clear the screen and it made a horrible loud clunking noise, clearly not well. So I've just tried to get the fan unit out but the plactic housing but it doesn't seem to clear the bulkhead, never mind the mass of cables that seem intent on preventing it's removal. I did see enough of the fan blades to see that one was broken :(

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the fan from the housing in situ or is it a dash out job to remove the whole thing?

Also does anyone know where the thermal resistor pack is on the diavia fan?

Hope someone can help.

Hi i noticed in your pics that you have an audi tt gear stick gaiter and surround. I have done this mod too but when ever i select a gear the tt gaiter forces the stick to jump out of gear its so tight. Did you get this problem and if so how did you get round it thanks Dave.Oh by the way i have Davia air con too needs a re gas i think as not too good.

The fan comes out just by removing the bit of trim under the glove box doesn't it? Mine definately wasn't a dash out job.

I've got the same thing, my Diavia blower has no thermal resistor either. I had the dash apart and all sorts looking for it. Turned out when I thought mine only blew on 4 it was infact just blowing at such a weak level on the other 3 it was hardly noticable!!!! :oops:

Daveangel, I made the wooden gear surround thinner than the original plastic unit so the ring sits lower and therefore doesn't interfere with the travel of the gear lever.

Double 6's, the fan doesn't clear the firewall, it gets stuck after it drops down a few inches, bloody frustrating, I think it was a shonky install, the numpty who owned the car before me paid Mercedes(?) 2 grand to do it!

Craziscot, it definitely isn't turning on the other settings at all. So the fan may not have a thermal resistor? Ah balls, I'm just gonna have to pay someone a load of money to have a new fan fitted, and no doubt the Diavia fan will cost bags more than a standard one :(

Might as well call this the knackered ventilation forum, it's such a shoddy system.

for what it's worth - i found that the thermal resistor(s) are mounted to a circuit board that is mounted to the side of the casing above the blower iteself. it's clearly visible if you remove the blower and look up! Check the connectors on the outside : mine were loose so tightening that sorted the problem with no fan on settings 1-3.

Where do these two side connectors go to Richiesounds? One of mine is loose and a bit corroded, so i'm concerend that cleaning the contacts may break them. I cant work out how to remove the fan motor - its quite different to the non-aircon setup. Anyone had any luck or have any good pointers?

You will find he fan unit is usually self taper'd into the housing with 3 or 4 screws.

Easiest way to get access to the thermal resistor is to take the glovebox out - you will see it upto the top left of the fan housing.

ye its a real bummer to get the panel out as the duct fouls access to teh upper screw - i had to remove this with pliers. The thermal fuse is totally different to the one for the non-a/c cars, for which i cant find a spec. Its a Fiat Lancia fuse. I'm going to replace mine with the non aircon fuse and see what happoens, maybe even use a lower capacity fuse, just in case.