Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

Need fairly urgent help.............

I am looking for a Uk insurer who will give you a cover note/policy on line to print out.................i was going to get short term insurance but have discovered that you cant get Tax with this type of policy, i also want to be able to pay monthly as i am only brining the car back to the Uk to sell it......whats the score with canceling insurance early?

Cheers guys, i am leaving for the UK on Monday so you can see my problem.

i dont think the post office will except photo copies. as for the canceling early you will just lose that years no claim bonus, and maybe a cancelation fee.

post office will not take photocopies or faxed copies, but if you can get an original policy document emailed you can print it.

you cant print a scanned copy though.

If you take out a years insurance here in the UK, some companies will refund 100% of your money back if you cancel within 14 days (some charge an 'admin' fee) and haven't had an accident.

Any time after this and thay give you a percentage back.

If that helps ???????

Elephant/Admiral (..they are one in the same) charge you pro-rata, so if you cancel your policy 1 month in, they'll pay you back 11 months, minus an admin charge (£45ish)

Mate, they hardly check it - it doesn't go into the computer or anything.

I know someone who's taxed a car by scanning in both sides of an old insurance cert, changing the date and printing it out on both sides again.

I am looking for a Uk insurer who will give you a cover note/policy on line to print out.................i was going to get short term insurance but have discovered that you cant get Tax with this type of policy, i also want to be able to pay monthly as i am only brining the car back to the Uk to sell it......whats the score with canceling insurance early?

Cheers guys, i am leaving for the UK on Monday so you can see my problem.

probably too late but i can sort out temporary/short term policies and email documents, you should be able to get tax on short term insurance as long as you have at least 14days to run on the policy when you are getting your tax. PM me if you want any more info. Hope this helps.....

Martin 8)