Sign in to follow this  
CorradoRun

Corrado VS VRS poo !! who do think wins in this video ??

feckin idiots.. in both cars. that motorways far too busy to be doing those speeds.

indeed.

Totally stupid :roll:

Looks like the C was pulling away a little- not a lot in it though. Wonder if the vRS had been remapped- reckon a remapped vRS would be a match for a standard VR.

CorradoRun, what do you mean by vRS poo? Superb cars- why do you think half the police pursuit cars in the country are vRS estates? They're an absolute bargain compared to the other performance 1.8Ts.

CorradoRun, what do you mean by vRS poo? Superb cars- why do you think half the police pursuit cars in the country are vRS estates? They're an absolute bargain compared to the other performance 1.8Ts.

Doesn't mean they're nice though does it mate? I mean, the police used to run around in Senators - great, very capable car. Not nice though. I'd also describe them as poo.

Coming back from the midlands on the M6 North racing a VW Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm.

Our car Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8T. Lets see who bottles it first, this was in the wet doing speeds over 140 MPH

145 in the wet.... Who bottles it first???

Tw@ts.

double-6s, if someone calls a car 'poo' it usually means 'c rap', and they are absolutely not c rap cars in anyway- as you say, very capable, but they also look pretty good, have nice interiors etc.

:roll:

double-6s, if someone calls a car 'poo' it usually means 'c rap', and they are absolutely not c rap cars in anyway- as you say, very capable, but they also look pretty good, have nice interiors etc.

Ok maybe poo is a bad choice of word.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Skodas though mate. Sorry.

Well its a subjective thing (each to their own, etc) but i'd choose a modern Skoda over a LOT of other cars, no doubt about it at all!

Blimey, it's ok - we're allowed different opinions! :)

I just personally think skodas are hideous - very good cars i'm sure, and very good value for money, but I hate them. IMO there isn't a single good looking car in the range.

Sorry to the skoda owners.

1.8t's are good for midrange...but they run out of breath in the top end. The power on a 1.8t drops after about 5500 rpms. The tiny KO3 just can't produce power after that.

When I was stock I'd pull on 1.8ts(even remapped) all day long...in the top end.

you are obviously an uneducated fool! no offence like :)

Or I just hate skodas? I prefer decent cars :)[/quote:e1508]

Must admit, most of the range aren't that nice to look at imho. Really like the MK1 Octy vRS and MK1 Fabia vRS though. Think the Octy looks agressive in an Audi way. Not keen on the MK2s visually.

If Skodas aren't 'decent' etc, explain the latest Top Gear Survey (and indeed, all the surveys from the last few years!) :wink: :p

you are obviously an uneducated fool! no offence like :)

Or I just hate skodas? I prefer decent cars :)[/quote:a8979]

Mmmmm thats why in last years Autoexpress Reader Survey 3 skodas were in the Top Ten and this year the Octy2 was number 1 :lol:

My fab vRS cost me £12K a total bargain considering that a Polo with a 130PD lump in it was £2K more!!!!

I love the fact I can kick it's head in, cruise at 100-110mph, get to Hull from Darlo in 55min 8) and it dunt dip below 30mpg :p

Plus as it's Revo'd it's as fast as my C!

If you haven't actually owned one I think you should keep your narrow minded comments to your self :wink:

WTF? Why are my opinions narrow minded? Cos they are different to yours perhaps? :) I will certainly not keep my opinions to myself - what a dull world that would be. Are you going to keep your opinions to yourself then? I very much doubt it. Your comments really make me laugh mate - me thinks you need to get down off your high horse perhaps?

I am so not narrow minded - you have no idea. I embrace with great enthusiasm anything I like. Thing is that doesn't include skodas. Never really been a huge fan of alternatives to other products that have been built down to a budget. Maybe thats just me.

It's not narrow minded at all mate - I JUST DON'T LIKE SKODAS!!! :)

Why is that so hard for someone to accept. If monsieur butt-head had read my earlier posts properly he would have noticed that I said they're very good cars, capable, value for money, etc.

I just don't like them, so funnily enough to me they are not decent at all. Nowt wrong with that is there?

Who cares if I don't like them? :)

I mean, I don't like madonna. No denying she's 'good' and incredibly sucessful though. But I still don't like her.

I see absolutely no difference between madonna and skodas in this sense.

New Skoda's are cool IMO. The Mk1 Octy VRS' are really good looking cars with an even better interior. And the Mk2 version looks absolutely awesome, especialy in black. I have a soft spot for the fabby VRS too. The only thing spoiling those is that their a 5dr. Cars that size just don't look right in 5dr guise. But i'm sure they're will be folk here who will disagree with that one just as people disagree with d-6s.

Opinions always make for a good bit of 'banter' :lol: :lol:

Thing about skodas for me is they're a brand aimed at a particular market, even though they're using the same engineering as VW's they're just not quite right.

Brother in law has a new Octavia TDI fully loaded, but it's a four door hatchback and for me is much the same as a Mazda 6 or Mondeo, you know they're good cars but they're very average and uninspiring at the same time.

A Hyundai coupe is great in many ways, but would you really want one over a VW(Corrado)?

I was considering a mid sized estate a while back and £ for pound a new Octavia looks great, but for the same money I'd rather have a couple of year old A4 or 3 series touring.

I could never buy a brand new car. Can't help thinking what you could get for the same money second hand with only a couple of thou or so on the clock.

WTF? Why are my opinions narrow minded? Cos they are different to yours perhaps? :) I will certainly not keep my opinions to myself - what a dull world that would be. Are you going to keep your opinions to yourself then? I very much doubt it. Your comments really make me laugh mate - me thinks you need to get down off your high horse perhaps?

I am so not narrow minded - you have no idea. I embrace with great enthusiasm anything I like. Thing is that doesn't include skodas. Never really been a huge fan of alternatives to other products that have been built down to a budget. Maybe thats just me.

It's not narrow minded at all mate - I JUST DON'T LIKE SKODAS!!! :)

Why is that so hard for someone to accept. If monsieur butt-head had read my earlier posts properly he would have noticed that I said they're very good cars, capable, value for money, etc.

I just don't like them, so funnily enough to me they are not decent at all. Nowt wrong with that is there?

Who cares if I don't like them? :)

I bloody Well Do :D And yes there is :lol:

What I meant was you can't really slate something unless you've really tried it! But I agree with you about Madonna 8)

Isn't this a repost?

I bet the people sticking up for Skodas in this thread used to laugh at them in the Rapid 130 days? Bloody Hypocrites!! A cash injection from VW doesn't all of a sudden make them a brilliant car manufacturer. They have no heritage or long history of quality and satisfaction to speak of. They are just low rent VWs....and VW's were laughed at a long time ago aswell, as were 70s/80s Jap cars.

Just amazes me how biased and defensive people get about inanimate objects that weren't designed, tested, and produced by themselves.

If I drew a nice drawing I was proud of and people called it cr@p, I could understand that......but not this.