Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Fabia Cake

Was going to mention that in the Skoda bashing thread.....but forgot :lol:

Awesome advert. Liquorice fan belt anyone?!

That is absolutely brilliant! I love the filling up the engine with golden syrup.. reminds me of your "fruit shoot" coolant Kev!! :)

:lol: I was waiting for someone to post a thread about this.

I love the filling up the engine with golden syrup

LOVED THAT PART TOO! and the rear lights made of jelly.

I think there's something floating about, encouraging people to do it themselves. Though that is all ive heard.

YUMMY!

Awesome advert, and one that will definately be worth £500,000 when you think about how much it is talked about. Similar in effect as the Sony Bravia LCD advert with the exploding paint

I think there's something floating about, encouraging people to do it themselves. Though that is all ive heard.

Yeah the Mail's offering a £100 prize for the best full-size Car cake by it's readers.. entries by Tuesday...

Now how much would it cost to cover the rado in incing? :lol:

Yeah the Mail's offering a £100 prize for the best full-size Car cake by it's readers.. entries by Tuesday...

That's the most pointless competition ever! Making a full sized car-cake would take more than 5 days and cost more than £100. Doesn't surprise me its the mail though.

Anyway, I love the ad, its really innovative. I wonder how they managed to get the mirrors to stay on, maybe there's some kind of cunning internal framework shenanigans going on.

Awesome advert. Liquorice fan belt anyone?!

Maybe another answer to supercharger belt slip????

Very cool ad 8)

it is a very cool ad (apart from the crappy music).

the comments on that link make me laugh from people saying "what a waste of food" and "dont they know there are people starving in darfur" :cuckoo: oh yeah just what starving people need, CAKE with little or no nutritional value.

Quality..... Made me laugh in the office :oops: :oops:

Oh for goodness sake Connie Mack - what a pathetic hand wringing comment. Do you buy your hair shirts at Prada, dahling?

This advert is a magnificent piece of work which brings enjoyment to many. It's also helping to improve Skoda's profits, which helps to ensure prosperity for its tens of thousands of workers across the world.

I'm sorry the people in Africa are starving, I really am, but to be frank you sound like exactly the kind of "environ-mentalist" I got stuck at a dinner party with last weekend. Much hand wringing and complaining about carbon emissions and accusations about my profligate waste because I drive a Porsche. She wouldn't give it a rest, not at least until her haggard husband told her it was time to gome and they climed into their Range Rover and drove back to their big house in Surrey.

Just shut up.

there's nothing new about this, VW have been making marzipan timing belt tensionners for at least 10 years now, my golf had one.

That is absolutely brilliant! I love the filling up the engine with golden syrup.. reminds me of your "fruit shoot" coolant Kev!! :)

that's my fave part too :)

my missus loves that ad, but unfortunately sings along with it

Its true Davidwort. My valver had a marzipan head gasket as well - until the cake gremlins got at it. I had it replaced with a toffee one, this one has lasted quite well. A bit like my marshmellow suspension - An excellent Ad by the way.

Jay

That's the most pointless competition ever! Making a full sized car-cake would take more than 5 days and cost more than £100. Doesn't surprise me its the mail though.

Anyway, I love the ad, its really innovative. I wonder how they managed to get the mirrors to stay on, maybe there's some kind of cunning internal framework shenanigans going on.

If you look very carefully, the wingmirrors are secured with sticks of pink rock, then I think covered with icing? The rock has 'Skoda' all the way thru it :lol:

Quality..... Made me laugh in the office :oops: :oops:

Oh for goodness sake Connie Mack - what a pathetic hand wringing comment. Do you buy your hair shirts at Prada, dahling?

This advert is a magnificent piece of work which brings enjoyment to many. It's also helping to improve Skoda's profits, which helps to ensure prosperity for its tens of thousands of workers across the world.

I'm sorry the people in Africa are starving, I really am, but to be frank you sound like exactly the kind of "environ-mentalist" I got stuck at a dinner party with last weekend. Much hand wringing and complaining about carbon emissions and accusations about my profligate waste because I drive a Porsche. She wouldn't give it a rest, not at least until her haggard husband told her it was time to gome and they climed into their Range Rover and drove back to their big house in Surrey.

Just shut up.

Brilliant, just brilliant. :lol: :lol:

An ace advert too. Well done to Skoda. The car doesn't look too bad either.

It is indeed a great advert. I wonder if they ate it afterwards... :)

imagine it :D ..having a quarter pannel for deserrt anyone?? lol