Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Look what

Cool! 8)

I picked up an old Mk2 Rocco a year or so ago for a few quid more than that!.....cant beat the old + cheap V-dubs!

Sweet! This was a little project I did last year. Just got it through it's MOT and sold it.

golfyr2.jpg

50 notes from an advert off a hospital notice board :thumbleft:

Ta da!!!

not a formel-e is it, they were so cool, top gear was such high ratio it only worked on level ground or downhill (with the wind behind you)

1050cc and 45hp and brakes to die by...

Those snowflake alloys have to be one of my favorite wheels on mk1's roccos etc...mirror polish the outer faces of them and leave the centres black 8) 8)

1.3 Formel E model. 5th gear is the 'E' gear, which does NOTHING!! saves on petrol, but doesnt get you very far! From the factory they were supposed to give 45-50mpg, but being a carb engine that has gone out the window, and it now costs more to get the carb tuned that the savings made in the petrol department.

And the brakes!! Well, i dont care if they get the car through an mot, there is no way i would drive it like that, they are dangerous, simple as. When i get in the Rado again im gonna be headbutting the steering wheel!

1.3 Formel E model. 5th gear is the 'E' gear, which does NOTHING!! saves on petrol, but doesnt get you very far! From the factory they were supposed to give 45-50mpg, but being a carb engine that has gone out the window, and it now costs more to get the carb tuned that the savings made in the petrol department.

And the brakes!! Well, i dont care if they get the car through an mot, there is no way i would drive it like that, they are dangerous, simple as. When i get in the Rado again im gonna be headbutting the steering wheel!

impressed, the 55hp model :)

had a manual choke on my polo coupe (only a 1050cc jobby) but it regularly returned 40+ mpg, the water temp controlled auto chokes can be troublesome, still at least you should have hydraulic tappets, the solid lifter ones are so rattly.

At 140,000 miles on mine the steering had major play in it got pretty hairy on corners.

rocco vented disks (calipers and carriers) go on the front, make them stop far better, the original polo ones work OK, you just have to push very hard! having no servo was not a great cost saving measure by VW :lol:

impressed, the 55hp model :)

having no servo was not a great cost saving measure by VW :lol:

Too true, after having the C this just felt dangerous! I do love the lil thing tho, will be nice to have a car i dont really care about too, kinda of a fun lil toy