Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

What's beaten you in your C....?

Still smarting, after two days!

Was done good and proper by a M*ndeo TDCI on Sunday afternoon.

The shame. :(

Therapy required.

Or chip & pulley. :)

Last week i was being followed and could not pull away from a Nova and i was going for it!!!

Only time i could get some distance on hime was in the corners so i have a feeling that it was a bit nose heavy due to a transplant of some description, i wouldnt care but it was a bag of s**t to look at...

you can fart in a nova and it adds performance :lol:, they weigh feck all, doesn't take much to get 160bhp per ton in them.

i had a porsche 911 turbo pull away from me at the weekend :lol: then he slowed and settled down at 110mph so i kept my distance

JAY2 don't be to disheartened man. Them diesels are feckers. Was the only thing i kept away from when i had my GT4 (255bhp).

GOLDIE I remember years ago being a passenger in my mates Nova 1.4SR (the face-lifted ones with the lower ratioed gears) and we had a do with a 1.8 valver. Was embarrassing for the C i'm afraid to say. We got to a ton and we were just loving its rear bumper. The Nova was stock as you like, but i think those gearboxes had a lot to do with it coz they took off like a scolded cat. I drove a pre-facelift 1.4SR and it was pretty pants.

I had a Focus ST following me very close behind. Was trying to bully me with his big old 5 cylinder engine. Was holding my own through the corners though :D . Think the most shameful one was some ghastly little mini that forced me into the slow lane so he could get past. I hate those things!!! :bad-words:

Fairly recently a chavved up Saxo VTS with 2 passengers. Typical Corrado, as the speed went up I was starting to stretch my legs and reel him in but we came to the next roundabout and I ashamedly took a different direction to save further humiliation. If he'd had no passengers, he would have thrashed me. I take solace in the fact that at 176,000 miles his Saxo will probably be a rusting hulk in a scrapyard somewhere, whereas my Corrado is soldiering on :)

When it comes down to it, we're not going to be much competition to a car that weighs as much as a shoe and 120bhp :(

It´s all OK for me, but...

Isn´t there a similar thread in this section? :oops:

I think the other thread is the other way round - "Whatcha beaten in your Corrado".!

Had a bit of a tussle with a DB9 a few months back. Think I must've been in the wrong gear or summat, cos he seemed to pull away a little :roll:

Not beaten as such, I'd say more equal as neither could accelerate past each other but it was ashamedly a Fiesta RSt (not sure if it was tuned or not, though) :(

Lost out to a Mini Cooper S a few months back, only cos the missus started screaming at me to slow down though!! :lol:

Lost out to a Mini Cooper S a few months back, only cos the missus started screaming at me to slow down though!! :lol:

I'd take the car to a garage to get it looked at. Sounds like a serious problem that you're probably best getting fixed sooner rather than later....

I'd take the car to a garage to get it looked at. Sounds like a serious problem that you're probably best getting fixed sooner rather than later....

:lol:

If only that was something the garage could fix!! I suppose I could do a DIY job with gaffer tape though!!! :lol:

2 snails, a lame donkey and a lada riva.

Yeah them Lame donkeys are right Fecckers...

Tbh if it's twisty then can keep in there, in a straight line fight not a busting lot.

It comes to something when your (albeit 15yr old) 2.0 16v "Sports Coupe" gets bashed by almost anything small & modern & 1.4+... Mind you if I cleared out the junk (Tool box/ Trolley Jack/ Axle stands.. can you tell I drove air-cooleds before?) in the boot maybe it's go quicker...

Slaxo VTS's are good fun TBH, ex had one and was quietly impressed (but would never tell her!)... Mind you Jim's right.. how many will still be with us in a few years... The C2 replacements quite raid too.. and I still have to learn what externally tags it as a VTR/S version... just so I keep a little pride...

Beware Novas.. remember there's a big thing about slipping Calibra Turbo's into them... only good thing is that they get to a corner and head for the nearest tree! :lol:

Filthy A3 TDi :(

Remedies are being put in place tho ;)

Dinkus, if it was an old-shape TDI-130 quattro I wouldn't be that upset, 6-cog box/TCS and 4wd.. allied to diesel torque means they boogie.. I know I was trying to get one as a co car a while back, I even got TCS to flash in first 3 gears when racing a Supra bi-turbo on the test drive... Almost had him too... but it was damp...

I had a fecking clio 182 cup up my chuff yesterday, at higher speeds i started pulling away but it was bloody quick and right up my arse lower down :x i wont have that problem for long though :wink: i will chasing M3's soon :D

Beaten by a Fiat coupe 20vt, man they are quick little buggers!

Was looking at them before I got my C but every one I saw had thousands spent in the last few years.... Little did I know Cs would only be a little better :D

It comes to something when your (albeit 15yr old) 2.0 16v "Sports Coupe" gets bashed by almost anything small & modern & 1.4+... Mind you if I cleared out the junk (Tool box/ Trolley Jack/ Axle stands.. can you tell I drove air-cooleds before?) in the boot maybe it's go quicker...

Slaxo VTS's are good fun TBH, ex had one and was quietly impressed (but would never tell her!)... Mind you Jim's right.. how many will still be with us in a few years... The C2 replacements quite raid too.. and I still have to learn what externally tags it as a VTR/S version... just so I keep a little pride...

Been there with the aircooled, only bonus of having a splitty was the amount of room to keep every tool I owned!!

Will have to agree with the VTR/VTS thing. We just bought a Xsara VTS for our daily (it was veyr cheap) and it is rapid, passive rear steering too so handles very well. Just gonna slam and maybe mess around with the throttle body, ECU and managment and have some fun!!

i always find in my VR its either settled once your going over 80mph against most things :lol:

off the line i reckon alot of smaller cars are quicker, but i don't like accelerating hard in 1st