Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

What bulbs along top of speedo?

i did find out the answer yesterday while searching, but can't find the thread now? :lol:

it the three bulbs along top of the speedo etc that i need to replace

right then... I've just been playing on Etka looking for bulbs...

the standard dash bulbs on a Corrado are:

3x 12v 1.8w with a blue base across the top of the cluster = 357 919 243B

2x 12v 1.1w with a black base behind the 2 LCDs = 4A0 919 040 C

However, there are also some other ones available if you want to start playing with different colours and the like! All of these should be interchangable, but I haven't tried it, so if they don't work, let me know and I'll knock 'em off the list!

1.2w = 431 919 040

2w = 893 919 040 A

0.5w = 191 919 243 C

and the piece de la resistance!

5W Halogen = 191 919 243 A

The glove box light is a standard "bullet" type bulb, 12V 3W = N 017 726 2

Fag lighter bulb and holder = 191 919 243 B

Boot light 12V 5W (Bullet type) = N 017 725 2

Interior light (door) 12v 10w = N 017 723 2

Interior light (map) 12v 5w = N 017 752 2

The heater bulbs aren't shown for either early slider style or later dial style facias...

Hope this helps...

Just to help as it's an archived thred...

Any-one tried the 5w halogens yet? Apart from super-bright gauges wouldn't they run too hot and risk meltdown/ Dash Fire?

i only want to fix whats broke, not sure i want to fiddle around with much.

do you have to buy the bulbs from the main dealer?

Bump. One of my clocks LED's has bit the dust (middle one above the speedo) - is removing the instrument cluster literally just the four screws and then pop the thing out or is there a bit more to it than that?

Ta.

IIRC four screws and a big multiplug at the back on the left.

It's a bit of a pig to get out tho...

Well I didn't expect a job on the Corrado to be easy Dom!

I might buy all 5 bulbs in the clocks (looking at an old thread of Henny's) so at least when they're done they shouldn't go again!

easy to get out,will take about 5 mins,mind u i got good as i kept changin the colour of teh display,infact thats a job for the weekend vhange the display back to red :D

Heh heh.

Actually, clarification - you need to take the plastic corner covers off the plastic surround and remove those 4 screws.

That comes out easy enough, but don't lose the cover bits cos you can't get them any more and they're small enough to drop and never see again :lol:

So, then the gauge pod itself is held in with 2 screws - one on each side. They're easy enough to get to, but don't drop the screws cos they could well disappear into the dash.

Then you've got to manhandle the gauge pod around to unplug the connector on the bag and get it out of the dash without removing too much skin from your knuckles or scratching the front of the gauge pod.

It's not actually that hard, just a bit fiddly.

My weekend task is to finally fit my DDI gauges :lol:

oh yeah forgot about the need for skin graft after messin about we the clocks,its also a pain if u drop the screws that hold the whole thing in place :lol:

...My weekend task is to finally fit my DDI gauges :lol:

Yay, finally Dom. Good lad, well worth it. Cracking stereo by the way, very impressed.

If you're changing the dash colours then you will need to take out the pcb and digital displays. If not, then just get some long nosed pliers and gently unscrew the 5 bulb holders (turn through 90 dgress and they pop out) and replace them. IIRC they are 509 bulbs, but have a check on ultraleds.com for the right ones. Drop me a pm if you need any more info.

Still need to replace the bulb in my Slider heater controls... anyone found a suitable replacement?

No-one seem to list one... and with the 2nd winter with dark heater controls....:(

Heh heh.

Actually, clarification - you need to take the plastic corner covers off the plastic surround and remove those 4 screws.

That comes out easy enough, but don't lose the cover bits cos you can't get them any more and they're small enough to drop and never see again :lol:

So, then the gauge pod itself is held in with 2 screws - one on each side. They're easy enough to get to, but don't drop the screws cos they could well disappear into the dash.

Then you've got to manhandle the gauge pod around to unplug the connector on the bag and get it out of the dash without removing too much skin from your knuckles or scratching the front of the gauge pod.

It's not actually that hard, just a bit fiddly.

My weekend task is to finally fit my DDI gauges :lol:

Did this a few weeks ago, much harder to put back in than take out! Don't forget to wrap the inverter in Dynomat or something as it makes a horrible whine. I found lowering the steering wheel and pulling from the top of the clocks got them out a lot easier.

Ah cool, chars for that. I've got some neoprene that will hopefully do the job, but some uber-thick Skinz on standby if it doesn't.

i found the whole thing came out pretty easy, just tip the top forwards then lift bottom up, it all makes sense when you sit back and work out how it was put in