Sign in to follow this  
peanut

Its official

I really really miss owning a rado. The story so far....

No.1- Bought an aqua blue g60 about 5yrs ago with a blown engine, rebuilt it and sold it on. liked it but had a UR quattro at the time so didnt really drive it that much.

No.2- Bought a Red vr year before last as i thought i was going to have to sell my s2 and the vr came up pretty cheap. Body was imaculate and had black leather and aircon. A few of you will remember this from e38 two years ago as some of you helped me swap the black leather for beige leather on the sunday. Loved it to bits but looked like i was going to manage to keep the s2 after all, sold that to a forum member.

Ended up selling the s2 after all so was on the look out for another rado.

No.3- Bought a blackberry vr from Big pants baby in bristol, needed a bit of work but the price reflected that, this was short lived as my other half has a blackberry vr and it turned out to be a bit twee. Ended up breaking the this one and putting the vr into a helios blue mk2 golf.

N0.4- Swapped my old Honda fire blade with a guy off e38 in bristol, dragon green and drove very very well, had coilies and some nice rims and a few other bits. Sold this after a couple of mths as i couldnt justify the mk2 and the rado.

N0.5- Although the mk2 was great fun it wasnt practical on a 130mile daily commute. we went upto blackpool and boiught a burgundy pearl vr and i fell in love with it, fitted some of the bits and peices id put aside. Another cream leather interior, konigsports, some deep...deep rimmage and a few other bits and bobs. After a few mths, turned out we were going to have to move and having two pooches needed something a bit more practical. So sold the vr to a guy from no-rice, (this has since changed hands and is now owned by another forum member--yay!)

Ended up buying the green one back, breaking it for spares and putting the running gear into a mk3 estate we'd bought as a pooch carrier. Its cracking fun and great for the pooches and trawling bike and car crap around,but i do really miss not having a rado, especially after stonor last weekend. Cracking show and some stunning rado's on show.

I will have another and hopefully keep it, what is it about thses bloody cars that makes you come back for more?

Sorry for boring you with this pointless rant

Peace out

Gav

I can only sympathise and say I understand exactly what you're on about Gav!

Not really its her car not mine

Gav

Probably make you want one even more!

Not all bad least your golf has a vr in it. Like to see peoples faces as that ripped past.

Well, I can understand completely! Not that I've ever parted with a Corrado. I toyed with the idea of selling mine, but could never bring myself to do it. Even mrsbeige has said that a can't sell it!

Sounds like you need to get out there and get one bought Gav..

You are right, its a disease which you know you have so you might as well get shopping...

Get yourself a cheap g60/valver to take the dogs in, that's what I did :)

definitely the best plan i reckon! having both handily ends the valver/g60 vs vr debate some people have too! :D

know what you mean 150%...

am sitting in work today with 3 bloomin' Rados, since I started work weve had more Corrados in than ever - got more booked in this week - Its TORTURE, everytime I hear a VR I run out to have a look... am so sad... :)

our issue is Dave and I have very different taste in Rados - so dunno what we are gonna do when the money comes through and we can go look for one...

Gav - if you really want one sell the Goof and get one - Goofy must be worth a few bob, I loved the drive in him, i thought he was fab, christ if I had the money I'd love to take him off your hands, but he's not a 'rado.....

I know of a mechanically perfect but dodgy bodywork one coming up for sale at a very good price if that would interest you....?

after having to sell my UR-quattro due to pressure from the missus I vowed if ever there was another car that appealed to me as much as that,that I would never sell it unless there was no other alternative.............thats why after nearly 6years of ownership I still have my Storm..........prior to that the longest I ever owned a car was 2 1/2 years,thats how I've managed to avoid the pain and anguish your going through Gav

which ur did you have mate? im originally from the the broch (for my sins) so maye have seen it. Been a while since i lived up there though.

Gav

which vr did you have mate? im originally from the the broch (for my sins) so maye have seen it. Been a while since i lived up there though.

Gav

UR i take it you mean.............mine was a Lago Blue D-plate ex Vic Sang(owner of Champers Nightclub lower Deeside road)

D697BRS..........I had it from 95-96

my Storm originally came from Edinburgh and I bought it in 2001

very nice, mine was a panther black 10v mb also on a D-plate. Had a lago blue wr (A-reg) before that but it was stolen.

Thatll be my ultimate goal, Panther black 20rr, thatll be a long way away though.

Gav

very nice, mine was a panther black 10v mb also on a D-plate. Had a lago blue wr (A-reg) before that but it was stolen.

Thatll be my ultimate goal, Panther black 20rr, thatll be a long way away though.

Gav

sounds lovely..........Panther Black 20valver yip I can go for that.........first choice would be Tornado Red for me tho

Tornado reds a good choice, i take it youve seen Gary Dyers 10v? had 2 x tornado red series 1 80 sports and a tornado red 90 20v, lovely colour when its freshly polished

Gav

Been there several times now, so know how you feel :lol: Go on, matey- get yourself another VR 8)