Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

One Corsa not to mess with

i use to have a corsa before the corrado, i wasn't into chavvy bodykits, big stereo etc but i still kinda visit the forum i use to use

anyway this is an impressive video, bit long, but the guy has done all the work on his drive with some mates.

http://media.putfile.com/corsa-version- ... -making-of

dyno run at the end is quite good, it has since run some quarter miles in around 12.3 secs :shock:

like my old corsa c20 let courtney conversion running 320bhp!! 7k for conversion though :( :( :lol: :lol:

got any pics/vids of that mate?

i wanted to build a fast corsa, but decided it was better to buy a VR6 and then use that

i think you get alot of wheelspin :lol:, but driven well it must be great fun and put a big grin on your face.

until you stop, then your just sat in a corsa :(

The torque steer on that thing must be HORRENDOUS :shock: :shock:

True, it is only a Corsa when all said and done, but i would have given anything to have been behind the wheel of it today at a set of traffic lights where a Z4 driven by a shiny barsteward with dolled up missus next to him, used the right hand lane to cut in front of me. Worst part of it was sitting there waiting for the lights to change knowing full well i couldn't even try coz i'd get spanked. Valvers can't pull the skin off a rice pudd'n. Would love to see the look on his face spanking him with an L reg Corsa :lol:

Never liked corsas at all but hats off to em, did an awesome job. :thumbleft: Obviously cared about what they were doing and had the patience to do it well. Watching that vid has made me want to go out and get my hands dirty....

Come and fettle with mine if you want so i can go spank that Z4 :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Would love to mate but I'm gonna be up to my elbows in fuel at the weekend testing injectors. The vibrator pins are gonna be c*cked or something I just know it. Oh well, I said I'd get it working again and that's what I'm gonna do. :D

Well, fair play to the guy, that's pretty impressive....makes me think I should do a video like that too.

Should imagine its pretty quick on a straight line, but wouldn't expect it to go road corners. Someone may correct me on the handling characteristics of Corsas though

i wanted to build a fast corsa, but decided it was better to buy a VR6 and then use that

no nothing on it jst the cut out in autotrader when i sold it :( :(

it was purple/blue mettalic twin headlamps corsa gsi spoiler and that was it!! std 1.2 interior and dtm exhaust only real give aways to it were boost gauge on a piller and chargercoooler at front which wasnt really visible but if you new what you were looking at you would know what it was packing!!! got fed up of snapping driveshafts in half went thru 3 of em 1st one was courtneys own 400bhp plus it eat that then i got ones specailly made and tapered down to fit real ball ache was that!! great in a straight line but you couldnt go round bends quick!! reg number off top of my head was N59 CKC

no nothing on it jst the cut out in autotrader when i sold it :( :(

it was purple/blue mettalic twin headlamps corsa gsi spoiler and that was it!! std 1.2 interior and dtm exhaust only real give aways to it were boost gauge on a piller and chargercoooler at front which wasnt really visible but if you new what you were looking at you would know what it was packing!!! got fed up of snapping driveshafts in half went thru 3 of em 1st one was courtneys own 400bhp plus it eat that then i got ones specailly made and tapered down to fit real ball ache was that!! great in a straight line but you couldnt go round bends quick!! reg number off top of my head was N59 CKC

just done a dvla check on my old corsa i was 3rd owner and anyway here is details would love to see it again if anyone knows were it is????

posted reg wrong further it i knew it was either 59 or 69!!!

This is the data held by the DVLA about the vehicle registration entered. Free info is not a full HPI check

VRM n69ckc

MANUFACTURER VAUXHALL

MODEL CORSA ARIZONA

BODY TYPE 3 Door Hatchback

COLOUR BLUE

FUEL TYPE Petrol

ENGINE SIZE 2000 CC

DATE REGISTERED 20/09/95

FORMer KEEPERS 6

Ive seen a 2lt 8v nova coversion with NOS at RTTS a fwe years ago, but it didnt look as stealth as that thing!!

I think wheelspin would be a major issue tho, the guy with the nova cudnt use the nos unless he was on motorway in 4th!!!

respect tho, that was a cool vid

I really don't see the point at all... why not do the same thing to the engine, but drop it in a Westfield/Caterham/other then not only will you leave everything for dead in a straight line, but you'll also keep waayyyy ahead of them in the bendy bits too.

Plus you won't look like a tit when people work out what it actually is either :lol:

I would like to point out at this stage that I did used to own a Corsa (the "sporty" 1.2 SXi :lol: ) and it was crap :lol:

I really like that vid, and they seem to be actually car folk, as opposed to little sh*ts in burberry, and it looks relatively standard (bah the huge IC etc :lol: ).

I liked it :)

It looked a bit fidgity on the dyno though :D

I really like that vid, and they seem to be actually car folk, as opposed to little sh*ts in burberry, and it looks relatively standard (bah the huge IC etc :lol: ).

I liked it :)

It looked a bit fidgity on the dyno though :D

Somewhat - you can see the torquesteer pulling it to the left all the way through!!!!!

Wouldn't mind having a rip in it though.........provided it was down a strip :lol:

Few more pics of the car..

muppetsportdc6.jpg

cruise-263.jpg

20062007.jpg

"the driveway conversion car made 442bhp and 404lb/ft. it ran a 12.3 at 125.9mph,"

then i gather it died, and is now being rebuilt