nemesis360

VR6 rebuild - Downpipe and exhaust tacked up

Thanks for the comments guys, theres alot more to come 8)

Shaun I can sort you out the stuff you need to do the brakes PM me if your interested.

iv just read the whole thread front to back-A-BLOODY-MAZING :shock: !!! im really liking the wheels too, i was trying to find a rado with them on to decide whether i like them or not, and i do now! what size are they mate?

keep up the good work too :D

Its a DG Autotech short runner..please give us a call on 01299253373 if you have any questions about them :)

Cheers Graham just realised I should have looked at the bottom of your signature :lol:

Just tryimng to collect all the parts for the turbo build that was supposed to happen last winter but hopefully this winter. Sound I give you a call soon :notworthy:

Its a DG Autotech short runner..please give us a call on 01299253373 if you have any questions about them :)

Cheers Graham just realised I should have looked at the bottom of your signature :lol:

Just tryimng to collect all the parts for the turbo build that was supposed to happen last winter but hopefully this winter. Sound I give you a call soon :notworthy:

No problem, just to let you know our short runner is supplied with a fuel rail,fuel regulator and all the pipes and fittings needed to install it.

love the look of your bay you done really well, are you going gti international as it would be nice to have a look a it in the flesh as in halfway through doing my smooth bay but im keeping the shuttle as thats where most of my loom is running.

love the look of your bay you done really well, are you going gti international as it would be nice to have a look a it in the flesh as in halfway through doing my smooth bay but im keeping the shuttle as thats where most of my loom is running.

Thanks for your comments mate, Unfortunatly mine wont be at inters as its far from finished. But if you ever up my way feel free to pop in and have a look

hi ya, its been a while since iv been on the forum as brought a house so im just getting back into workshop to carry on with my raddo's bay. how is you coming along now? i remember talking to you at one of the shows about removing the ABS like you had done, just wondered what master cylinder/servo did you use and what brake res?

cheers.

hi ya, its been a while since iv been on the forum as brought a house so im just getting back into workshop to carry on with my raddo's bay. how is you coming along now? i remember talking to you at one of the shows about removing the ABS like you had done, just wondered what master cylinder/servo did you use and what brake res?

cheers.

Standard Servo and master cylinder fit fine :)

Heres some pics of the downpipe and exhaust all tacked up, Oil feed and return pipes are ordered and Ive got most of the boost pipe work etc so not long now :D

IMG_0832.jpg[/attachment:2udz4lwx]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMG_0831.jpg[/attachment:2udz4lwx]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMG_0829.jpg[/attachment:2udz4lwx]

Its coming along and that is one hell of a down pipe.

I wasnt shore if you was telling the truth or not when you told me before :lol:

:twisted: mmmwaahahaha.....yes I have gone slightly mad!

Ive got the room in the bay so I might aswell fill it back up :lol:

yes thats all looking good. what brake fluid reseviour will you be using?

It was running a 16v one as this hasnt got the tube for the ABS (as thats in the bin!) but im going to run a remote reservoir to fit the inlet pipes in.

What turbo spec is that?? is it a holset hx35??

Its a Holset HX40, it was stupidly cheap and brand new so I thought id give it a try, after doing some research there are a few people running them on Skylines (2.5 6 cylinder) and their making 1 bar of boost at 3k so it should be ok.

I can always put a smaller hot side on it if its crap! :lol:

coming on nicely mate, glad to see the parts you bought off me ageeeeees ago are going to finally get some use :)

Its a Holset HX40, it was stupidly cheap and brand new so I thought id give it a try, after doing some research there are a few people running them on Skylines (2.5 6 cylinder) and their making 1 bar of boost at 3k so it should be ok.

I can always put a smaller hot side on it if its crap! :lol:

Nice, ill be interested in how it goes with that on as ive got a holset turbo in the pipeline, HX35 with 14cm^2 volute and a HX40 comp wheel 83mm. So should spool up quickly! They are big and heavy but virtually industructable! i go to uni with a few guys who work at holset and they say they can take some right stick! The tests they put them under in the R+D department are mental!

i believe it's commonly known as "insanity spec" :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

glad to see it's progressing there pal. rather looking forward to my first spin out in it in future; let's hope it stays dry!!! :twisted: :onfire:

Nice!

Shame you haven't got DBW otherwise you'd have nothing coming out of the bulkhead at all for that ultra mega cleaned look :D

That is a monster hotside and downpipe, should be a good laugh!

coming on nicely mate, glad to see the parts you bought off me ageeeeees ago are going to finally get some use :)

Yeah it was about 2 years ago! :lol:

Awesome mate. Nice to see some progress :)

i believe it's commonly known as "insanity spec" :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

glad to see it's progressing there pal. rather looking forward to my first spin out in it in future; let's hope it stays dry!!! :twisted: :onfire:

Shouldnt be too long now got most of the bits together, its gotta be ready for BVF

Nice!

Shame you haven't got DBW otherwise you'd have nothing coming out of the bulkhead at all for that ultra mega cleaned look :D

That is a monster hotside and downpipe, should be a good laugh!

Cheers Kev it should be interesting with the huge hot side, I just hope it spools before 6k :lol: