Sign in to follow this  
drewiee99

concours or modded

ive seen jay renshaws 24v corrado for sale and no one seem to be interested as price has been dropped.I think its ace and im a pickle weather to sell the 36k concours g60 as its so much money to try and keep it in great condition as its my daily driver as well.It could do with been garaged and used in the summer.At least i could drive the 24v and do shows and not keep worrying cleaning the arches and underside to keep it in concours condition.

imho get rid of g60 and get the 24v that you can use and still show on a daily basis and not worry about putting miles on it.

Jay's done an amazing job on it, and its an amazing car.

It'd be my choice each and every time, I loved it.

whats the ball park figure being kicked around nowadays?

9k I believe now - seems like a bargain considering the work that got put into it...

we were discussing it in work today - one of the lads read that the current owner has posted saying he may be tempted to break it if he cant sell it....

drewiee99 - for me it would be the 24v all the way, concorse has its place too, but Corrados are for driving, not making look pretty....

9k I believe now - seems like a bargain considering the work that got put into it...

we were discussing it in work today - one of the lads read that the current owner has posted saying he may be tempted to break it if he cant sell it....

noooo! someone needs to physically restrain him, there should be legal obligations associated with owning that car! :D

talking from my heart, and being a rash minded young man, but the guy needs a kicking if he breaks it!

It just strikes me that the people that have dipped into their pockets and handed over that sort of money seem to be amazingly short sighted, as it's done the rounds since Jay reluctantly sold it, being prostituted (my new favourite term) on so many different forums for various levels of "maybe tempted to sell" "if the right offer comes along" etc etc.

Its a shame she hasn't gone to a nice home, as you can only imagine how these folk have driven her

talking from my heart, and being a rash minded young man, but the guy needs a kicking if he breaks it!

Agreed. The guy should not have bought it, if within 6 months he aims to either sell, or god forbid, break it!

If only it had gone to someone on here!

Would be such a shame to see it broken....

£9,000 / 365 = £24.66

so £25 to drive it for a day if 365 of us chip in, and that's not including any overheads.

These cars are far too expensive :(

I reckon there are pros to both cars..

Jays 24v job is lovely, brilliantly made with all the gear and your G60 is stunning, i doubt there are many if any like that left today..

I guess im saying you can build a 24v Corrado to your own spec, the G60 though really is a one off now...

I think the guy who bought jays bit off more than he can chew, as he's only 21. I also know that he paid more than £10k for it, and he wont make his money back by breaking it imo.

I would not like to say what to do though, as I avent seen your G60.

Maybe you should keep the G and buy a run around?

I think the guy who bought jays bit off more than he can chew, as he's only 21

WOnder if he'd like a straight swap for my valver??? :lol:

ive seen jay renshaws 24v corrado for sale and no one seem to be interested as price has been dropped.I think its ace and im a pickle weather to sell the 36k concours g60 as its so much money to try and keep it in great condition as its my daily driver as well.It could do with been garaged and used in the summer.At least i could drive the 24v and do shows and not keep worrying cleaning the arches and underside to keep it in concours condition.

There no faulting the 24v :notworthy: but it will always be known as Jay's car and for that reason only I would not buy it

As for the G60, I had a similar dilemma with my 53k G60, in the end I sold it and bought another Vr that I am now in the process of making it into what I want, what I'm saying is keep the G and be happy or pick up a decent Vr 4-5k and make it your own :wink: