Sign in to follow this  
peanut

what the hell? bye bye local meets?

no idea how they could regulate it , but who cares, the fact theyre even thinking about it is enough

The injunction carries a maximum two year jail sentence for anyone found breaching the order and will remain in place for two years before review.

Insanity. You can spend less time in jail for far far greater crimes than that.

What about classic car enthusiasts? I went to a pub last weekend where a load of old boys get together with old classic motors (with the blessing of the pubs owners I might add), drink half a bitter and then toddle off home again! I can just see an overzealous copper coming after them as they depart.

Really.. how tragic this country is getting.

Any-one want to organise an Impromtu visit to the "Gun-crime capital of the UK"? :lol:

Good point Jon! :lol:

To be fair I'd imagine that the problem has been the less sensible 'boy-racer' types who drive like loons through City centres. Unfortunately the public finds it hard to distinguish between those types and the more discerning car enthusiast and adopt a 'one size fits all' approach. It's very disappointing really, because if it works, then more councils will undoubtably follow suit.

One question would be; if they have banned it from the county does that mean a convoy going to a show down the M1 would be included in this ridiculous injunction?

One question would be; if they have banned it from the county does that mean a convoy going to a show down the M1 would be included in this ridiculous injunction?

Probably.. altough technically any more than ?5? cars in convoy can be stopped and detained by the police under the "Rave laws" that were introduced years ago...

Oh for god sake can no one have any fun any more

This country has gone mad :mad:

Yup and Here's the proof....

"its a bit like keeping live tigers" Quality quote...

Oh for god sake can no one have any fun any more

This country has gone mad :mad:

Yup and Here's the proof....

"its a bit like keeping live tigers" Quality quote...

Good read :lol: bunch of tossers if you ask me!!!

Excellent article from The Mail! Worrying in its accuracy.

My favourite part: "A four-page leaflet, entitled Good Defecation Dynamics has been published in Dundee. It gives advice on the safest way to sit on the toilet.

"Do not slump down but keep a normal curve in your back. Make sure your feet are well supported."

As Littlejohn says, "you couldn't make it up"

Must admit that's one article I read on the train when I have a paper, have laughed out loud a few times too... :oops:

Last week's was discovering 2 Polish Workers living in a Supaloo... Seriously! 20p a night hotel room! Only in Britain... :roll:

I can't believe they're talking about prison sentences for convoys on the day it's reported non violent prisoners are to be released to free up space. :cuckoo:

I like fast cars and I like meeting up with like minded people. I have a completely clean driving license which is more than can be said of some police people and I certainly am not anti social. Once again it's the few idiots that do donuts down asda carpark trying to impress other idiots that ruin it or the rest of us.

So, prison sentences for car enthusiasts, and the governement today has been saying that they will let criminals out early because the prisons are full! Absolutely ridiculous :mad:

ffs... why are those in power so hell bent on destroying anything that could allow us plebs to enjoy ourselves? Maybe cos we should all be working longer hours to throw more tax into the coffers? :bad-words:

I like fast cars and I like meeting up with like minded people. I have a completely clean driving license which is more than can be said of some police people and I certainly am not anti social. Once again it's the few idiots that do donuts down asda carpark trying to impress other idiots that ruin it or the rest of us.

Very well said sir.............

Organised legal meets are apparantly ok according to a couple of police friends i have. Us corrado boys & gals will be ok.

"So what?" is what I say to that new law.

1. Laws are there to be broken, if they're this silly.

2. How are they going to arrest and jail 10 or 20 people turning up to (Midlands) meets etc., who have done nothing wrong, not murdered anyone, not stolen anything? Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Exactly! Which is why I don't see this happening.

If on the other hand it's aimed at Novas/Corsas and some of the worse No-Rice meets (they've not exactly excelled by sound reason and good behaviour as of recent), then fine.

What I'm saying is, folks, don't be put off by laws like this.

I'll no doubt get all sorts of flames now along the lines of "I don't want to go to prison, so I won't take the risk of going to local meets any more!"

Coward! Go selll your C instead, lock yourself away from any public place (they're dangerous, you know :lol:) ;-) Read what I said above, if you behave well at meets, there's no reason why the police should arrest. Same went for Inters, where it's the few idiots that can spoil it for the masses.

Tempest

I think, to be totally realistic about this, that police will only enforce it when they actually need some powers to break up a troublesome "krooz" or similar.

I just don't expect to see roadblocks for convoys most car enthusiasts provided everyone is behaving.. if however you end up with burnouts and generally wreckless behaviour down at the local Asda at 2am then the laws are there for the police to use.

I think, to be totally realistic about this, that police will only enforce it when they actually need some powers to break up a troublesome "krooz" or similar.

I just don't expect to see roadblocks for convoys most car enthusiasts provided everyone is behaving.. if however you end up with burnouts and generally wreckless behaviour down at the local Asda at 2am then the laws are there for the police to use.

Well that's the Ace meets fooked then! :lol:

I think its stupid really, i cant see how guys like us are going to be arrested for having a meet!! Well unless we go to car parks to smoke drugs (the guys from the last south mimms meet will understand me there :lol:)

Although i agree that the chavvy tossers should be punished as they are fcuking idiots!!! I used to tag along with a couple of mates (not boy racers as we were in a standard bmw diesel :lol:) to an area where the chavs hang out, we only went because one of our mates likes one of the chavvy tits that hang around there :roll: Its at a retail park car park, thay just park up in little groups with their stereos booming and just drive round the car park stupidly fast in their mega fast 1.1's and maybe even 1.6's :shock: and do hand brake turns and wheel spins etc which is all mighty impressive of course, i would love to be able to shag my tyres out like that :roll:

Anyway we leave the car park perfectly sensible and my mate in his Peugeot 206 gets pulled over and is given a section 59, he wasnt speeding, he hasnt got a done up boy racers car or anything he was just seen leaving the area, they saw he was a young lad and he got done for it!!! FFS oh and he's also been done for driving too slow round that area as well :shock:

I think this will be difficult to enforce without video evidence of someone making a c0ck of themselves, there are always going to be some rogue element, the recent crash at inters and some of the blind overtakes is a prime example, but it would be hard to make it stick if people are just gathering together and not playing some 'bangin' toones' in a car park somewhere.