Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

MMMMMMMMMM Nitrous!!!

Werhay recieved my nitrous kit today so when I get my car back on the road I'll have a new toy to play with got it for a pretty good price as well :D

you wildman, that should be a BLAST. make sure you build that motor strong! :lol:

kin nutter .... and btw it cheating :lol:

It dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning's winning :D

By the way medical nitrous differs from the nitrous used in cars as it contains sulphur dioxide bet you didn't know that dazzy so no good for your tooth I'm affraid :D

maybe i should put NOS in my car lol

then i will never get rid of the "fast and furious corrado" or the vin diesel lookalike comments i keep getting lol

how much was the kit??

*** it cost me but it's gonna be a while before I will be able to fit it as I am doing the crossflow conversion so the car will be off the road for at least another 3 months, cant wait though hitting that button down santa pod for the first time and leaving the opposition for dead :D

£300 !!!!!!!

really is it a wet or dry system???

and what did you get in the kit

i personally would add a progressive controller ive heard makes the NOS alot smoother and better etc

I know lanny it's going to be a bit of an animal up the strip not intending to use the nos on the street as it is pretty expensive seeing as it costs £35 to fill up and depending on the jet size will probably only last 1-5mins of continuous use!!

It's a wet system alex it came with

10lb bottle

micro switch

jets from 25hp- 100hp

2 braided lines from solenoids to intake nozzle

2 solenoids fuel and nos

braided lines from bottle to solenoid

Arming switch

1 splitfire nozzle

T piece to fit into fuel line

2' of fuel line

and full fitting instructions

Basically everything needed to instal into the car!!

Oh yeah the nitrous purge kit and blow down pipe are on order and the progressive controller will probably ordered in the not too far distant future oh and the pressure gauge is also on order :D

ebay of all places :D but steve the bloke I bought it off also sells the kits off ebay I think. He lives in kings lynn I think and I ve got his email address if you want it?

Ant... nitrious is eveil... be happy with with your new engine!!! you will only blow the bol***ks outta it with that stuff.

it's mailto:[email protected] alex I'm sure he'll sort ya out!!

Used properly and in moderation it wont blow my bottom end out steve I'm going to get it setup up at the performance bike shop next door to me at work they know they're stuff as they've been fitting and using it for 25 years.

I dont know what all the fuss is with nitrous how many people know of someone that has used nitrous in moderate levels ie no more than 40% of standard car performance and blown they're engine up?? with the bottom end being rebuilt in mine with the new pistons and bearing shells and everything being lightened and balanced they're shouldn't be any problem in running 50 shot of nos through it for the duration of the quarter mile which will probably only be 12 secs as will be arming it in second gear as arming it in first gear would be just a little on the pointless side!!

I cant see it now, flips forward the rear arm rest to show off the nos bottle, and the arming button looking like a fag lighter.

I saw a Nos Bottle installed on a parcel shelf once, hope that car never has to stop in a hurry.

beavis, nitrious is eveil... be happy with with your new engine!!! you will only blow the bol***ks outta it with that stuff.

61posts! what can I say?

Narnaman, you know your stuff enough mate, spot on.

I use 75bhp jets on mt VR, no prob.

Impressed with the kit & price you got there! Good one! Enjoy.

A purge kit is only really needed for dry kits to enable the full charge of gas to get to the solenoids unless you just want to vent a plume of wasted nitrous into the air with a woosh to impress the girls ;-)

My bottle lasts quite a long time, a 10lb bottle should last approx. 13mins with 25bhp jets (source: Trevor Langfield, TMC)

LOL @ bottle on parcel shelf :-D

Chris

how many people know of someone that has used nitrous

I know James, Corrado VR6n.o.s!

What does that mean?

Chris

**mod edit** sorted your quote - stevemac

how many people know of someone that has used nitrous

I know James, Corrado VR6n.o.s!

What does that mean?[/quote:ae61e]

LOL did he get a bit carried awau with the jets?? :D

I know the purge kit is usually for dry kits but it looks cool :D

Chris have you got a blow down pipe installed leading out of the car??

beavis, nitrious is eveil... be happy with with your new engine!!! you will only blow the bol***ks outta it with that stuff.

61posts! what can I say?

Hmmm......

What can you say? too much sometimes it seems :roll:

So your saying that cause Beavis only has 61 posts on a CORRADO Forum, you know more than he does?

Im Guessing the Guy has 61 posts cause he drives a Polo G40 and Spends more time working on engine stuff at Pit Stop Developments than to be fu*king about on a Corrado forum.

Fair enough, a lot of people dont know enough about NOS, but get a grip.

Ok dub, but it was a statement of a newbie and by the way i was a mechanic for over 10years and more outside of work!

Next question!

Just sounded like someone who had been watching fast & furious!

chris

250bhp now thats just silly now that will blow the f*ck outta your engine :D I'm gonna stick with 50-75 jets at the most dont want to spend all this monmey on the engine to find I blow it up after 2 months!