Sign in to follow this  
jack

roof strips

mine look abit old, well the strips are ok, but it looks like it should have like a little seal either side? these have perished abit are these avalible? also how much?

chears

simon

They are still available and i must do mine but they are about 40 quid each from the dealers....

Trim off the perished rubber strip with a sharp blade, there a few on here that have done it including me and it looks much better.

so if you just trim of the perished part it wont leak water inside? (may be a stupid question haha)

they are purely cosmetic btw,you can even remove them completely and you still won't get water in to the cabin from them.........unless you have a dirty big hole in your roof

I was quoted £49.50 each from the stealer's about a month ago.

I bought some from GPC at inters the other week for about £35 and they also have the hinge covers for the tailgate.

I trimmed the perished bit off mine and they look a whole load better. Still can't get rid of the white staining on the remaining part though no matter how much I try, has anyone had any success cleaning them up?

I trimmed the perished bit off mine and they look a whole load better. Still can't get rid of the white staining on the remaining part though no matter how much I try, has anyone had any success cleaning them up?

Autoglym Bumper stuff (the kind that looks liek green snot).. Works well... But I guess any "Plastic black" stuff should work OK

You could trim off the perished part and run a bead of black silicon down it as long as you're confident with a silicon gun?

Have just replaced mine [GPC Inters £70] Lift off the rear end first, is snap fit on to a threaded stud, then peel away strip. The front end of the strip is slotted onto a capped locator and needs to be pulled backwards to free it. Removal is easy, refitting new parts is more difficult. I had trouble slotting the front of the new strip under the locator, heat from a hair drier helped but still a struggle. Looks good now though. If GPC try to sell you the 2 extra bits for the hatch you dont need them. Hope this helps !

Cheers for the advice, I've bought a new set, just wasn't sure if it was a matter of pulling them of, going to give it a go next weekend